Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared

I am completely stressed out. I have been off Aubagio for many years and have been stable. But for the past several days I am extremely dizzy and can't balance. I am also very lightheaded and feel like I might faint. It feels like my first flare. I have been under a lot of stress lately because I suspect my DH has Alzheimer's and I worry about trying to be a caretaker.

Could stress cause this? Can a person go for years without a flare and then have it happen again?

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and you are concerned about your
    DH.

A lot of things can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. Stress, dehydration, diet, blood pressure, poor sleep, medications are some examples. Also, as we age, we have crystals in our ears that dislodge and affect our equilibrium.

Since it has lasted longer than 24-48 hours, it is worth a call to your PCP or Neuro to explore causes. Hope it resolves soon for you.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hi Loopey,

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well and about your concerns about your husband. Just the thought that he may have Alzheimer's must be overwhelming.

I agree with Pennstater. Stress can also cause a pseudo relapse. Call your neuro or primary doctor. I hope you feel better soon!

Heres a link about anxiety and dizziness~ https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...ness#treatment

Best wishes for both you and your husband.
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect stress. We all know that stress causes inflammation. Not exactly what we want with MS. I think a call to your neuro is in order.

I'm sorry your husband is not well. I can't imagine the worry that must cause you.
        "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
        ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Oh Loopy, I hate to hear this news from you. Personally, I believe stress can cause a lot of MS-like symptoms. But whatever the cause it's hard to deal with this stuff. Get to your doctor soon. Do they have home health care in Italy? I urge you to look into it as soon as possible. I remember what it was like taking care of Sam when he was sick. See your doctor and let us know what you find out about your husband. If he needs a caregiver, take all the help you can get. We all love you!
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Thank you all for your responses. I have an appointment with my neuro in a couple of weeks, As for my husband, there is daytime home health care available. I don't need it now but it will probably be needed later. He knows there is something wrong most of the time but at others he gets very frustrated. I am trying to be as calm and helpful as possible. I remember that you took care of your husband when he was sick, Marti, and I admired you for it. Thank you again.

Comment

I think you have already received excellent advice. Just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are very wise to explore care options for your husband now rather than later. Hang in there and please keep us posted.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X