Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I managed to get an MRI within 2 weeks time!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I managed to get an MRI within 2 weeks time!!!!!!

I previously wrote a post titled, "My Left Leg Is Not Working".

I just wanted to share both my joy and my fear. My joy coming from the fact that I have an MRI on Wednesday!!! That is only 13 days from my neuro appointment concerning my leg. This is UNHEARD of in Ontario, Canada. Normally an MRI is at least a 9 month wait. And an "urgent" MRI is a 3 month wait. I can't believe my good fortune!!! Now I wonder WHY it's happening so quickly. What did my neuro put on the requisition? Does he have big concerns?

When I saw him last Friday he told me he wanted me to have an urgent MRI but I never, ever, thought it would be this fast. So, as stated, I am both happy and concerned, all at the same time. I find my emotions are on such a roller-coaster having had this whole leg thing happen to me.

So, fingers crossed for a clear MRI with no additional lesions.
    "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
    ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

That is quite remarkable that you got in so soon! Even though you are somewhat concerned about the outcome, I think knowing what's going on is better than not knowing. I hope it's nothing major, but even if they find new activity, there is always a path forward. While you wait, I hope you find something pleasurable to do to keep your mind at ease.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Let us know what you find out and take care!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I know occasionally here in the US, the call could be just at the right time, after someone cancelled an appointment and then I luck out and get a quick appointment. Maybe it was just good fortune then.

Agree with Seasha, that always better to know what you are dealing with so that the cause can be addressed. Hoping you do get quick answers and have some recovery.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

UPDATE.....

I had my MRI. The report is back (hubby had it sent to our office so I have it before my neuro appt). I have one very small lesion on my cervical spine - C7. This is my first spinal lesion. Up until now I've only had brain lesions.

How have/has cervical lesions affected you differently than brain lesions? I am curious to hear your experiences with this.
        "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
        ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have had cervical lesions and other places on my spine with numbness, tingling weakness and balance issues to name a few. After living with MS for 34 years now, lots of other issues have come up.

MS lesions on the cervical spine can cause similar symptoms to when they appear in other areas, such as numbness, weakness, and balance issues. In addition, they can cause loss of sensation in both the shoulders and arms. For some, lesions on the cervical spine can lead to paralysis in all limbs.​ https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...sions-on-spine
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I have more spinal lesions that brain. 10 between C2-C6. My first symptoms were 30 years ago at least.

I have permanent right arm numbness and some nerve pain. Also have neck pain. Other than that, I am fully ambulatory, able to walk several miles a day (as long as I factor in fatigue levels with other activity). Fatigue will impact my balance.

That being said, I have had my share of PT for arm, leg, hands, balance, and vestibular following relapses I spend an hour a day on different exercises to try and maintain what I have.

With the exception of the arm, I have always been fortunate enough to be able to get back to my baseline physically. They do say spinal lesions aren't as forgiving as the brain, they also say it is all about location.

I think I am more affected by my brain lesions, even though the brain can adapt some and reroute signals. My main struggle is a cognitive one.

Is your Neuro recommending any treatment if active lesion and/ or PT? Wishing you well.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X