Question for ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for ladies

Has anyone used a pelvic floor muscle device for OAB. Really having a problem and thought I would ask others that may have the same problem. Thanks

Hello msnana!

Originally posted by msnana View Post
    Has anyone used a pelvic floor muscle device for OAB. Really having a problem and thought I would ask others that may have the same problem. Thanks
    I have not used any pelvic floor device.

I found this info, and was wondering which technique you were referring to?

Trigger point therapy. This technique puts pressure on a spot on your body, internally or externally, called trigger points. Your doctor or PT may also inject anesthesia into the area.

Kegels.Kegels are a popular exercise for strengthening the pelvic floor muscles by contracting and relaxing them. This exercise can help relieve pain during sex and control incontinence. Your PT can teach you how to do Kegels so that you can get the most out of this exercise.

Electrical stimulation. This technique helps to reduce pelvic pain and muscle spasms. Your PT may do this in the office or teach you how to do it at home with special equipment.

Biofeedback. This technique uses devices to check the contraction of your pelvic floor muscles. Your PT will most likely use biofeedback to see how your exercises are going and to watch for improvement. They may place electrodes on the outside of your body, such as between the vagina or anus. Or they might use an internal probe to measure the tension and relaxation of your pelvic floor muscles. The results are shown on a computer screen, and your PT will discuss them with you.

Info is from this website:Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy for Dysfunction and Pain (webmd.com)

Or is the pelvic floor device that you mention none of the above? Thanks!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I looked up OAB and pelvic floor devises and came up with a list of top rated ones. Is this what you are talking about? I had never heard of these before.

https://www.bestproductsreviews.com/...aignid=1493889 9091&creative=552785546059&adgroupid=131352087307& feeditemid=&loc_physical_ms=9033370&loc_interest_m s=&network=g&devicemodel=&placement=&keyword=$&ta r get=&aceid=&adposition=&trackid=us_all_top_1_1&mId =407-132-4411&trackOld=true&gclid=CjwKCAjw_MqgBhAGEiwAnYOAe m2LNPBb7nydFnAHVAIiJhd9ZcGjyvhH449xX70cxWqnVqlf4T_ 3vhoChgUQAvD_BwE

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Good find, Seasha!

Guess I could have done a little better researching.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I have not. Just as an FYI there are physical therapists who specialize in bladder/bowel treatments. I know someone who went and they did use. Combination of exercises and tens treatment. She said it was awkward getting used to someone treating you in the beginning, but it paid off and highly recommends PT for it.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X