Urine problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urine problem

What do you do if you have OAB, seem like it's getting out of hand. Other than wearing diapers I don't know what to do

Hi msnana- I feel for you as I've been there.

I was dx with OAB last fall and my urologist had me take the med Gemtesa for awhile. It did nothing to help me, so the next step was to do Botox injections.

I had the procedure done at his outpatient surgery center. The whole thing took about 20 min and was non- invasive and pain free! After about 3 weeks I noticed remarkable improvement and I'm so happy to have had it done. Now, I only use the lightest pads available when I Ieave home just to be sure. One thing about Botox- they say to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

Please talk to your urologist if you have one. If not, ask your pcp for a referral. There is help for you! Keep us posted
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Does insurance pay for it.

Comment

Yes, mine did. I have Medicare and Aetna as a secondary. My urologist's office said they needed approval before the procedure. You will want to check.

One thing I forgot to mention. In my case, as part of this journey, I had to try the medication Gentesa first before Botox could come into the equation. Meds didn't work, so it paved the way for Botox.

Maybe the medication would help you? In any case, you should go forward. Talk with your Dr. and do some research.
        You don't have to go on like this!
        Good luck.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks Sasha, gives

Comment

Working...
          X