Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Anyone here have hyperextended knee and what to do about it. I need help very hard to walk.
    Last edited by pennstater; 12-31-2022, 10:27 PM. Reason: *Edited to correct to hyperextended per user*

I'm sorry you are having difficulties and don't have any experience with that but wonder if your doctor could offer PT recommendation for assistance?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hello msnana

It's possible that the hyperextension of your knee / leg is due to extensor spasticity.

I agree with Jules. Your doctor could evaluate and recommend spasticity medication and PT.

I wonder, (if there is no pain or something structural going on), if you could try stretching exercises (flexing and extending) in the meantime?

I have found that stretching does help.

Good luck, msnana. Hope you can get some relief in order to walk better.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I have hyperextension on left leg and I also have drop foot. I have not seen an orthopedic dr. but I was told by a nurse to get an AFO brace (ankle foot orthosis ) and it stops the hyperextension (just while you wear it). I use mine to walk in the house. This is just a temporary fix. I will probably go to a dr. someday.

Wish you all the best.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks all, I have no pain, no injury, will do the stretching and see my Dr, will this ever be cured?

Comment

Working...
          X