Benefits of early treatment in MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefits of early treatment in MS

Patient-Reported Outcomes Improved Through Earlier Initiation of MS Treatment

Using a cohort of more than 2500 patients with MS on disease-modifying therapies, treatment initiation within the first 2 years of disease onset was more beneficial on patient-reported outcomes than 2-4 years postonset.

https://www.neurologylive.com/view/p...n-ms-treatment

Well when I was diagnosed I was in the middle of a flair so the neurologist told us to learn everything we could about the CRAB drugs and we would decide in a month which one I would choose. Based on my first MRI I had MS for a while. We don't know exactly how long but there were "black holes" on that first MRI.
    I decided to go on Rebif. Five years I did those injections. They said that I developed neutralizing antibodies to the Rebif so I had to change treatments. Around this time we decided to go to the Shepherd center in Atlanta for their MS institute.
    I waited four months to see one Dr and then was told I had an appointment with another one. I saw her and went on Tysabri. I got tired of being on the road right hours every month so I changed Drs. I still do the Tysabri just closer to home. That four hour drive each way was too much.

Comment

I believe if I had been diagnosed and treated with tysabri or ocrevus I would not have drop foot today. Back in the day as people say there were no mri's or dmt's.
      Thank you Marco for the article,
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I remember when my mother was diagnosed. There were no treatments available then. She won the "lottery" and went on BETASERON when it first became available.

Comment

Working...
        X