Small Study: Reducing Restless Legs Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Study: Reducing Restless Legs Syndrome

Timing of Physical Activity Affects Its Benefit for Restless Legs Syndrome in Multiple Sclerosis

Evening physical activity was associated with lower restless legs syndrome severity, while more time spent in the morning on physical activity, specifically light physical activity, was associated with worse sleep quality.

According to a recently published study, restless legs syndrome (RLS) severity may be reduced in patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) through physical activity, particularly light physical activity (LPA) and evening steps shortly before bed. Higher morning and overall LPA were associated with worse sleep quality.

Complete article: https://www.neurologylive.com/view/t...iple-sclerosis

I am in agreement speaking from someone who started getting ferocious RLS even before the MS diagnosis. The difficulty I find its that any movement of my legs can start it up. But I find that it I still stay In bed for a couple of hours after I wake up the day goes smoother. I tend to do a lot of chores before bed so I guess I’m sort of following the same idea.

Of course, gabapentin has been a live saver.

Comment

Marco, you always post such relevant information. Again, thanks!

RLS was one of my very first sx, as a teenager. I was dx at age 25, started Avonex at age 28. I just switched to Aubagio in March. Now, I am age 55 and in menopause. I still "look so good", but fatigue and cognitive dysfunction had me retire at age 45.
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Comment

Interesting. I have to exercise in the morning or I may not have the energy to do it. So does that mean I am setting myself up for night time RLS, or as long as I still do light activity at night,will it help? I will have to pay attention and see what happens over a period of time.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X