Tornado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado

I saw the huge tornadoes in Kansas on the news. I couldn’t help thinking of one of our important moderators. Faith, were any of them near you?

i hope you are all well. This isn’t MS related but it was a big tornado.

Sending good vibes to Mamabug! Hoping she and her family weren't anywhere near the tornadoes.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Saying prayers.

God Bless Us All

Comment

Hope you are well and safe, Mamabug! Let us hear from you as soon as you can. Thinking of you
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yes, the Andover tornado was about 35 miles away. We were also in tornado warnings, and in our basement, much of that evening.

Our next door neighbors, with their 3 little girls, do not have a basement. They spent the night in our spare basement BR.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

We're all relieved and grateful to learn that you and your family are ok after the scary tornado storms.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

That is too close for comfort but it sounds like you have a nice set up in your basement for your family and your neighbors also. Glad everyone is ok.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Yes; we are grateful for our basement. The last few years have been relatively free from tornados.

But, over the last three+ decades, we've had other close ones.

The closest was 1990 seven miles away. On the ground for 2 hours, half a mile wide, killed two people. I had just driven through there, 30 minutes before, on my way home from work.

I can still remember, like it was yesterday, the evening in the basement, glued to our portable B&W TV, watching it unfold.

Our oldest child was seven months old and, of course, completely oblivious to what was going on.

In recent years, it seems like Oklahoma gets more tornadoes than Kansas.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So good to hear you are all safe. That basement has come in handy.

Those of use who have never seen a real tornado are awestruck by them. The only ones we know are the the one that took Dorothy’s house to the Land of Oz.

I have been through some scary earthquakes but the only thing that fell down was the chimney.

Comment

Ya know, I'm awestruck too.

Although we have had several that were close in terms of miles, I have never actually seen one except on TV. Even though I have lived here for more than 30 years.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

So glad you and your family are ok.
                      God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                      X