Everyday humor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday humor?

I was hoping to start this thread as a place to share any humorous and light stories that happen on any given day.

My hair salon is in a local mall. I was getting the greys covered an am sitting with foil in my hair when the fire alarm goes off and we were asked to evacuate. So here I am outside, looking like Medusa, praying the local news doesn't show up! Thankfully, it was resolved quickly and we were allowed back in before my 30 minute timer went off. I was wondering if we were out there for longer than 30 minutes, if the firemen would hose the dye off before it fried my hair
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

A good fireman would never let a lady's hair burn off!!
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Oh no, I would have been so embarrassed. My husband and I was in the mall and he looked in a salon and just froze and said look at that style. I started laughing and explained it was being colored. " New Foil Style"
      God Bless Us All

Comment

That is hilarious as is marti's response. Phew thankfully it didn't last too long.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          I was hoping to start this thread as a place to share any humorous and light stories that happen on any given day.

My hair salon is in a local mall. I was getting the greys covered an am sitting with foil in my hair when the fire alarm goes off and we were asked to evacuate. So here I am outside, looking like Medusa, praying the local news doesn't show up! Thankfully, it was resolved quickly and we were allowed back in before my 30 minute timer went off. I was wondering if we were out there for longer than 30 minutes, if the firemen would hose the dye off before it fried my hair

Thanks for the smile Kathy.

It brought back memories of my passed GF.

She was frugal and would buy these caps with tiny holes in them. You would use some kind of needle with a hook and twist / grab / pull a segment of hair out of each hole. I was warned about proper hair volume and all holes being equal!

This became my job! Yeah that she trusted me stands out.... Anyhow after she looked like your Medusa!

I would mix the chemicals and smear the horrible smelling porridge all over the cap! Then wrap the whole thing in another cap and set a timer.

I'd wash it all out in 30 minutes (?) with supplied gloves, she would vanish into bath and some time later reappear looking very vampish. I can see her now

I would check out the quality of other frost jobs... wanted to see if they measured up to my handiwork!

Comment

Lol, this reminded me of when I used to have DH pull my hair out of the cap in areas I couldn't reach. We were at a function with his work colleagues and the wives were talking about hair salons. My husband felt it wise to add that he assists me coloring my hair. As if...I wasn't a natural blonde!!!

I gave him the look but he seemed so proud of his handiwork that it was hard to be mad.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I love these stories! What lengths we women will do to look younger or more fashionable.

My story goes back a couple decades ago when I lived in Alaska. I wanted to bring out more blonde in my hair so I thought I'd go and have it highlighted. I told her to make it bright. The next day I gave a library lesson to a class of 6 graders and what laughs and comments they gave me after starring at my hair. It was neon yellow...seriously! At least I captured their attention in an otherwise boring lesson. Needless to say, I went back to the hairdresser after school to tone it down.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Loved these responses. Made me laugh just rereading them. Anyone have a humorous tale to tell about anything? I could use a good laugh today. Overdid it the last few days and paying for it. Guess it is the MS tale as old as time...
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                  Loved these responses. Made me laugh just rereading them. Anyone have a humorous tale to tell about anything? I could use a good laugh today. Overdid it the last few days and paying for it. Guess it is the MS tale as old as time...

One more about hair triggered by Seasha's tale. Many decades ago I lived off-campus freshman year as an art student.

Everyone is checking everyone else out. Probably more a guy thing!? Anyhow, we were all "artists," each with their particular way of making a statement. An attractive blond girl was part of this mix. My few friends noticed her missing from classes one then two days...?

Maybe on the third day someone pointed to a girl in a hoody, very low profile, with barely visible green bangs sticking out....

Seems that the copper piping in her dorm had a disagreement with her hair...?

Time resolved the issue... the green became less bright! That '67 blond could have been the first lifestyle guru / influencer?

Comment

I used to have my hair dyed. My husband did not ever see the process. I wonder what he would have said!
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                    X