Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headaches

What does your MS headache feel like? For about two years I have been getting brutal headaches. They are not constant but intermittent. Sometimes they occur 6 weeks apart, sometimes, 8 weeks. There is no rhyme nor reason that I can associate with their onset. And nothing quells them. I get adjusted, take Tylenol, lay down, try to be calm but nothing helps. It's just time. They come on suddenly and then just as suddenly, their gone.

I wonder if it is optic neuritis radiating pain. It goes all the way from my eye to the base of my skull only on one side of my head. And, it's the bottom "half" of that side. So, nothing above my eye line - only below.

It's terrible. I never had headaches before.

What do your MS headaches feel like?
    "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
    ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Hmmm I guess I'm lucky not to have or heard of MS headaches. I used to get menses related headaches that were relieved with ACTM or IBU but nothing else, thank goodness. I hope you get some relief and it would probably be worth mentioning to your physician since it is relatively new onset.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

I've never heard of MS headaches per se, but I use to get horrible headaches before and during my optic neuritis flares and they would only be on one side. Nothing I took helped. Like Jules said, it's best to let your doctor or neuro know. So sorry...
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I have to take migraine medicine
        and I’m sure they are MS related.
        They last 24-36 hrs. Sometimes I go a couple months without any and sometimes I get them 2-3 times a week. They are terrible
        I think the weather contributes.
        It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hey Pistachio ~

Sorry to learn that you are dealing with intermittent and brutal headaches.

Like Jules, I am fortunate that I have not had to deal with headaches on an intermittent basis.

Don't want to jinx myself here, but I very rarely get a headache.

When I have, it's been mild and relieved with Tylenol or Aleve.

Good wishes for your headache relief.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I've never heard of MS headaches per se, but I use to get horrible headaches before and during my optic neuritis flares and they would only be on one side. Nothing I took helped. Like Jules said, it's best to let your doctor or neuro know. So sorry...

Hmmmm.....I never thought of ON. It was my CIS back in 2013. All of my MRIs say that both of my optic nerves are involved. My vision is often intermittently wonky so I never even thought of ON. This might make sense.

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
            ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

I get HEAD PAIN, not necessarily headaches. Lots of sharp pains in different places. Duration is short. Been having these for a long, long time and the doctors just act like they expect this. They are never surprised by them. I do get a lot of facial pain too.... TN. My eyes hurt all the time and have been a problem for years. One of the neuros I used to see believed that I had ON at one time in my life. I never got a clear answer about that. I hate to hear this from you. Sounds like you should have a new MRI.
              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
              X