I had COVID last week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had COVID last week

I had COVID last week. My daughter brought it from Canada. I had a very mild case, almost symptom-free. But, because I couldn't leave the house, my steps were less than ideal. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted.

I also used my FAR infrared sauna dome 2-3x a day every day, following exposure. I was concerned because my 23andMe genetic info indicates that my body only gets rid of about 50-60% of the amount of toxins that most people's bodies eliminate.

My functional medicine doctor indicates that, usually, that is adequate. But, that if I am exposed to mold, COVID or other toxins, it could be an issue. So, I utilized my sauna dome extensively, to eliminate COVID toxins. I have no idea if that contributed to my mild case or not. But, I'm grateful that I had only mild, occasional cold symptoms -- nothing else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Sorry to hear, but glad it was mild. Hope you are feeling back to yourself already, and if not, hopefully soon.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

So sorry to hear this, Mamabug, but glad your symptoms were mild, whatever methods you used! Hope your son and husband are OK too.

I can't wait for this whole ordeal to be over with. Kind of scares me with the relaxing of masks indoors.
      Thinking of you.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I am so glad it was only mild! Did your daughter have it? It is scary,Seasha. I see my son twice a week and we take trains and other public transportation. They are usually packed! Italy has been pretty strict so it is awful to see so many people packed into trams and subways. The population is mostly vaccinated and boosted though. Around 74%.

Comment

So happy you had a mild case and you seem to know the best way to treat yourself. We aren't hearing much about Covid anymore. Maybe the war has taken over the news time. Stay well!!!
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I am so sorry Mamabug but so glad you had mild sx's. How well you have taken care of yourself surely helped. Glad you were vaccinated.
            I hope your daughter and the rest of the family are okay.
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              I had COVID last week. My daughter brought it from Canada. I had a very mild case, almost symptom-free. But, because I couldn't leave the house, my steps were less than ideal. I'm fully vaccinated and boosted.

I also used my FAR infrared sauna dome 2-3x a day every day, following exposure. I was concerned because my 23andMe genetic info indicates that my body only gets rid of about 50-60% of the amount of toxins that most people's bodies eliminate.

My functional medicine doctor indicates that, usually, that is adequate. But, that if I am exposed to mold, COVID or other toxins, it could be an issue. So, I utilized my sauna dome extensively, to eliminate COVID toxins. I have no idea if that contributed to my mild case or not. But, I'm grateful that I had only mild, occasional cold symptoms -- nothing else.
              Ouch! Good news bad news kind of thing.
              I just had the extra evulshed shots that were needed because there was not enough in the first two. So I am now vaccinated and boosted to the hilt. Your story gives me hope that I too would have only a mild case if I were to test Covid.
              "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Thank goodness you were vaccinated and only had a mild case.
                I'm still masking in public despite not much COVID action around here now. I don't mind masks and actually love the fact that I haven't had a cold in 2 years.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                  Thank goodness you were vaccinated and only had a mild case.
                  I'm still masking in public despite not much COVID action around here now. I don't mind masks and actually love the fact that I haven't had a cold in 2 years.
                  Likewise. There is a nasty stomach bug going around in this area. Hoping the mask and diligent hand washing helps us avoid it.

On the other hand, we debated and decided to go ahead hosting Easter brunch/egg hunt, which means college age kids, people working in healthcare, and school/pre-school kids. First time in 3 years. Little nervous, praying good weather so we can open windows. But everyone eligible to be vaccinated is and also boosted. It is a big family tradition and even the older nieces and nephews and spouses still do an egg hunt, despite being 20-40 years old! Our neighbors even come out to watch, since they are so competitive!!! Really looking forward to it, but also nervous at the same time.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post

Likewise. There is a nasty stomach bug going around in this area. Hoping the mask and diligent hand washing helps us avoid it.

On the other hand, we debated and decided to go ahead hosting Easter brunch/egg hunt, which means college age kids, people working in healthcare, and school/pre-school kids. First time in 3 years. Little nervous, praying good weather so we can open windows. But everyone eligible to be vaccinated is and also boosted. It is a big family tradition and even the older nieces and nephews and spouses still do an egg hunt, despite being 20-40 years old! Our neighbors even come out to watch, since they are so competitive!!! Really looking forward to it, but also nervous at the same time.
                    That sounds wonderful and like it is time for the tradition to continue particularly if everyone is vaccinated and there isn't a local surge.

In the meantime hopefully you are successful at avoiding the gastroenteritis, that stuff is wicked!
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Sorry you had Covid but glad it was mild. I'm in Ontario, Canada and our cases are pretty low.
                      "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
                      ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loopey
                        Did your daughter have it?
                        Yes.

She knew she had been exposed, so did a home test even though she was asymptomatic and it was positive. Her 9 month old daughter also had it; she was slightly fussy. At first they just thought she'd been teething. The rest of their family (my son in law and 2 grandsons) initially tested negative and remained symptom free throughout. They weren't re-tested. We suspect they likely got asymptomatic cases because they lived in the same house and didn't social distance from each other.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                        Hope your son and husband are OK too.
                        Yes. My son actually got it a month or two ago. He lives with us, but works long 2nd/3rd shift hours and we didn't see enough of him to be exposed when he had it.

My husband tested the same evening as my daughter's family because he had gone to Canada to help them move. He initially tested negative, but two days later woke up with some symptoms (cold symptoms, low grade fever, achy) and re-tested. He was positive then. We slept in separate rooms after that and socially distanced, but I had likely caught it from him during that day and a half.

~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                        X