Miss the good old days of MSWorld.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss the good old days of MSWorld.

I really miss the days when MSWorld was active all the time. I suppose places like Facebook have replaced some of that activity. I come in and check new posts every day and plan on continuing to do that! I just hope the board keeps our little "family" together. Personally, I go thru patches where things are better and quieter for me. So I feel like my little problems might not be interesting or germane to everyone so I just read the other posts. I love you all and plan on hanging in here for as long as it takes. Right now I'm struggling with some OCD.... maybe MS related, maybe not. I'm staying away from doctors as much as I can. Just seeing my local primary when I really need her. I know I need to find a new Neuro, but waiting out Covid and driving issues. Hope you are all doing well, or as well as can be.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Me too! Especially when posts were in real time. If I recall correctly 15 years ago there were like 20+ posters on at any given time.
    I think Facebook really did it in. sigh
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Also Twitter, and many, many Blog sites now get the attention of PwMS as well.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Me too marti.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

I also miss it, Marti. But I'm so glad for all the information I've found here over the years. For the most part, I can trust it to be accurate, unlike Facebook, Twitter and some blogs. We have the moderators to thank for that. So, thankyou, mods!

And thanks to the "family" of fellow MSrs I've found here. You've helped me more than you could ever know! Some days I just check in not to feel so alone.

I don't post like I once did because my MS has made it more challenging. But, I still check in to read the posts often, and contribute when I can. Just wish I could do it more often. Miss you all, and thanks to everyone and MSWorld for still being here!
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

We used to have a chat room too. You could always find someone in there, even late at night. I agree with you all. And I still miss the "old days" of our world.
            Marti

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
              We used to have a chat room too. You could always find someone in there, even late at night. I agree with you all. And I still miss the "old days" of our world.
              I also miss the old days of a lot of things. I guess it is a natural part of getting old but all the technology while amazing is overwhelming at times. A colleague just had a virtual eye exam for an updated glasses prescription. Like what is happening??? lol
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

We used to have a chat room too.
                Still do, Marti. Just go to the main page, and tap on "chat," located at the top right side of the page.
                https://www.msworld.org

You could always find someone in there, even late at night
                I remember that. I used preferred to go later at night, because at least I could keep up with the conversations then!
                Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I really miss the days when MSWorld was active all the time. I suppose places like Facebook have replaced some of that activity. I come in and check new posts every day and plan on continuing to do that! I just hope the board keeps our little "family" together. Personally, I go thru patches where things are better and quieter for me. So I feel like my little problems might not be interesting or germane to everyone so I just read the other posts. I love you all and plan on hanging in here for as long as it takes. Right now I'm struggling with some OCD.... maybe MS related, maybe not. I'm staying away from doctors as much as I can. Just seeing my local primary when I really need her. I know I need to find a new Neuro, but waiting out Covid and driving issues. Hope you are all doing well, or as well as can be.
                  I know what you mean. The same thing is going on with the Braintalk site. Maybe it is that medicines have been around for so long now that the eagerness to share research information has dissipated.

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

I like the format of this site so much better than the Facebook type blogs. There is so much clutter it makes me confused I keep hoping all the spontaneous posts will come back.

Love you, too, Marti.

Comment

Me too, Marti ! I check the site every day and it is sad there is so few new posts. I agree with Kimba. This site has helped me tremendously especially since I live in Italy and did not have anyone to talk to about my various symptoms or issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimba22 View Post

Still do, Marti. Just go to the main page, and tap on "chat," located at the top right side of the page.
                        https://www.msworld.org

I remember that. I used preferred to go later at night, because at least I could keep up with the conversations then!
                        Thanks. I didn't realize they still had chat. I always had a hard time connecting, but eventually got in.
                        Marti

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
                          Me too, Marti ! I check the site every day and it is sad there is so few new posts. I agree with Kimba. This site has helped me tremendously especially since I live in Italy and did not have anyone to talk to about my various symptoms or issues.
                          Love you Loopey! Hang in there Sister!
                          Marti

Comment

Don't really know about "real time" If you look at the time stamp on this thread the posts were close to conversational. But I do know what Jules refers to.

What we see in this thread we would see daily, multiplied, with 3 or 4 active threads at the same time. Wasn't that only a few years ago, not 20? Back in the days of MyOak, early pandemic concerns, and DaisyCat? Maybe we can pin some blame on Covid?

Often wonder if I miss the controversy. I do miss the daily honest attempts to be some kind of help. Less need these days doesn't sound right?

An aside... I agree with Jules when she speaks of a virtual eye exam. I had a virtual neurologist appointment! Equally as funny, right?

Like what is happening?

Comment

I miss it so much, too. It’s not easy to get out and socialize when I don’t drive and Covid is still lurking.

The only thing we can do is bring it back ourselves. It would be great if someone would tell everyone what is happening in their MS journey.

i will start.

Comment

Working...
                              X