No announcement yet.

evusheld…as a prophylactic against Covid-19 …people doing rituxan or Ocrevus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evusheld…as a prophylactic against Covid-19 …people doing rituxan or Ocrevus

Evusheld…I got 2 shots. Acts as a prophylactic against Covid-19

Today, 09:18 AM
    Hi
    i feel very lucky. Got 2 shots of evusheld yesterday ( one in each buttock…each shot with a different monoclonal antibody). Not sure why I was so lucky but it could be that I had extreme reactions to my second and third vaccination shots.
    anyway, : people using rituxan or Ocrevus are problematic interms of not developing enough antibodies to fight Covid.

Evusheld…
    …. (Western MA).
    I feel very lucky. It is 2 shots into the muscle. Then they watch you for an hour.

“The first batch of the drug, called Evusheld, shipped out on Monday, according to a spokesperson for the US Department of Health and Human Services. Dr. Camille Kotton, an infectious disease expert at Mass General Brigham, said her medical system expects to receive in this shipment only doses to treat fewer than 1% of its thousands of immune-compromised patients.”
    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Thank you so much for this infor. First time I heard about this. I'm glad you were able to get the shots.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Wish you lots of luck with the treatment. I am sure it brings some relief to get extra protection. Glad the option was available to you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I too hope for protection. My husband is 85 and I need to stay strong.
        there was no clear reaction to the shots on Thursday …but the fatigue since then has kept me down. By yesterday, Sunday, I realized the fatigue (one of the side effects of the drug ) was significant and got worried. I am slowly regaining strength today so it probably is a reaction to the drug. However…I am so grateful for the vaccines and other drugs.
        "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

I am scheduled for my shots tomorrow afternoon. Thank goodness I hand a neurologist appointment the other day and he signed me up for the limited supply. I’m hoping for the best and we can all put this nightmare behind us.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1138 View Post
            I am scheduled for my shots tomorrow afternoon. Thank goodness I hand a neurologist appointment the other day and he signed me up for the limited supply. I’m hoping for the best and we can all put this nightmare behind us.
            good luck to you tomorrow….we are 2 very lucky people!

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Two shots at same time. Took 3 minutes at most. Sat for an hour. So far, so good. Fingers crossed. 5 covid shots now. I should be immortal.

Comment

Following this thread. I'd never heard of Evusheld.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Brad1138… your immortal line made me chuckle. Yup…5 shots and immortality (sounds like a good title for a book!).

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                    Following this thread. I'd never heard of Evusheld.
                    it is an established drug which was given emergency approval ,in December I think, for this additional use.

Currently on rituxan

Comment

I had my Evusheld injections 3 days ago. This link is to a Fact Sheet for Patients. The reason for getting Evusheld is I had no Covid Antibodies even though I was fully vaccinated and had the 2 boosters.

https://www.fda.gov/media/154702/download

Comment

Working...
                      X