Canadians Urged to Take Action for MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadians Urged to Take Action for MS

MS Society of Canada’s campaign to inform federal candidates of priorities important to the multiple sclerosis community is under way

Elections matter. As Canadians tune in to the next 26 days on the campaign trail, the MS Society of Canada is asking them to #TakeActionForMS in a letter-writing and social media campaign to inform federal candidates in all parties and in every riding across the country about the issues and concerns of Canadians living with multiple sclerosis (MS) and the MS community.

“Throughout this campaign, the priority of the MS Society of Canada is to advocate for the MS community, full stop,” says Pam Valentine, President and CEO, MS Society of Canada. “We all share concerns about taxes, health care and the environment. But there are specific concerns when it comes to things like income and employment, access to treatments and health research that people affected by MS and the MS Society want to ensure are at the forefront for candidates.”

Canada has one of the highest rates of MS in the world — an estimated one in every 400 people with an average of 12 Canadians diagnosed every day. It is most often diagnosed in adults between the ages of 20 and 49 — this age group accounts for 60 per cent of the cases in Canada — but it can also be diagnosed in younger children and seniors. MS impacts all Canadians, not just the people who live with MS – including their families, their friends, and their communities.

Full article:

Canadians Urged to Take Action for MS — MS Society of Canada
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Thanks for this post.

I considered writing, because as a transplanted Canadian (I grew up in Canada and all those growing up years with less Vitamin D from the sun probably contributed to my MS dx). But I have enough on my plate playing catch up after my vacation.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
    X