Low temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low temperature

My temperature goes down as low as 95.5 at night.. sometimes. Does anyone else experience this one? How low is too low? And what could cause it? Appreciate any comments.

Thanks.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi marti ~

I think 'normal' body temps vary from person to person. Is your normal body temp on the low end during other times of the day?

Also, thyroid issues can mess with body temps.

In general, everyone's body temp is lowest early in the morning and highest in the late afternoon.

Being very sensitive to a rise in core body temperature, this might explain why I function the best early in the morning, and have a difficult time in the afternoon.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mine has hovered around 96 for as long as I can remember. I can't count the number of nurses who read the thermometer and try to take it again. No one's ever suggested that it's a problem, so I don't worry about it. You could mention your concerns the next time you see one of your doctors, but unless you're shivering with it or showing signs of hypothermia, I'd just accept it as normal for you.

Comment

Hi Marti,
        My temperature is always in the 96 or 97 range. I agree with NoraS that you could ask your doctor if 95.5 is normal. I hate to think it might be causing you any stress.

Comment

Thank you all. Yes, my temp is always between 96 and 97. I do have thyroid disease. You've all put my mind at ease.... again! You all rock!
          Marti

Comment

I also think it varies. I also have a lower normal body temperature. That being said, during the day I am always, always cold. But at night I am always hot. I rarely sleep with blankets at all. I think many people have varied, "normal" temperatures.
            "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in.
            ~Leonard Cohen

DX March, 2022. Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Pistachio View Post
              I also think it varies. I also have a lower normal body temperature. That being said, during the day I am always, always cold. But at night I am always hot. I rarely sleep with blankets at all. I think many people have varied, "normal" temperatures.
              Have you had your thyroid tested?
              Marti

Comment

“In fact, there are several newer studies that indicate body temperature has decreased over time,” says Lisa C. Jenkins-Haynie, M.D, a family medicine physician with Riverside’s White Stone Family Practice. “Current research indicates a more accurate number is in the 97.5 - 97.7 degrees range.”

Found this on Google. I'm normally at 97.5, a close friend at 97.2 most of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  “In fact, there are several newer studies that indicate body temperature has decreased over time,” says Lisa C. Jenkins-Haynie, M.D, a family medicine physician with Riverside’s White Stone Family Practice. “Current research indicates a more accurate number is in the 97.5 - 97.7 degrees range.”

Found this on Google. I'm normally at 97.5, a close friend at 97.2 most of her life.
                  Very interesting!

Here is a link to the article:

The “New Normal” for Body Temperature (riversideonline.com)

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                  X