Good For a Laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good For a Laugh

Navigating the health care system in a foreign country can be difficult and sometimes embarrassing. The health care system here is excellent though the language difference was challenging at first. My first MRI in Italy required a questionnaire to be filled out. One of the questions was whether or not I had a tattoo. I checked si. The next question asked where and I wrote on my cavallo (horse) instead of my caviglia (ankle). I never made that mistake again on my subsequent MRI's!

Thanks for giving me a good laugh, loopey!

Hope you have a wonderful day, along with your tatooed horse!
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

So funny and thanks for the laugh!

My dil, from South America (Argentina) was visiting and was trying to make her daughter stop what she was doing. She yelled out BASTA (enough) but I in my mind I heard that word with an "ard" behind it. I was appalled that she was calling her child that!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I can only imagine the staff reaction at the facility when reading it! I wonder if they were expecting a horse tattoo somewhere or guessed a mistake? Thanks for sharing the laugh!
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Loopey, this was VERY GOOD for a laugh!! Thanks. Hope the horse is okay!
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Lol, that is funny.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I love it! These linguistic fit palls can be hilarious!. One of my favorite hobbies is Spanish-English translation. Still remember a little Italian once in awhile. Now I know how to say ankle.

Translation jokes: In legal translation when someone pleads no contest the translator makes a mistake and translates it as no contesto. The judge asks the defendant what his plea is and the defendant won’t speak. That is because no contesto means i will not answer.

There was a car called a Nova that had to be taken off the market because nobody wanted a car that no va(doesn’t go).

that must be exciting to live in Italy. I have heard they have excellent health care.

Comment

Working...
              X