Miss you all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few of my thoughts on why the board may not be as active:
    1. ​​​​​​With various forms of social media now available, people have a lot more avenues to reach out to others. So some of the funny and friendly topics (MS related or not), may now be posts in these other platforms.
    2. A good thing - more powerful treatments keeping people healthier longer. At my Tysabri infusions, I have met many people who started out on Tysabri as their first med and have not relapsed again, some are 8-11 years out from diagnosis. They don't really feel the need for support and when looking for information, usually just ask people they met at the infusion center, or use FaceBook Tysabri worldwide group or our infusion center group.
    3. Related to #2, aside from not seeing a need for support, they are all busy with work, family life, exercise, and personal interests.
    4. Since most of the people I met at the infusion center aren't progressing, they don't want to join support groups with people that have progressed - it stresses them out and their fears reemerge. Some even go so far as to make sure they aren't scheduled with some people who are more progressive, either cognitively or physically. They said they feel bad about that, but it causes them anxiety.
    I hope I didn't offend anyone by what I stated, just communicating what I have heard and observed.

As for the moderation, I don't ever remember posts appearing without moderation. This prevents spam and scam related posts, and bots from automatically posting on everything and everything.

​​​​​​​As a newer moderator, I am glad there are guidelines. More personally, I am glad politics are not allowed. I could see in other social media apps how charged simple comments became.

I do hope we see more activity as well.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
      Be the change that you seek.
      I love it! Yes, we should all follow that advice.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post

As for the moderation, I don't ever remember posts appearing without moderation.
        Those of us who have been here very long term remember the days prior to pre-moderaton at MSWorld ( is that the correct term when posts moderated before they post?).

Your reasons for pre-moderaton make it a good practice for us to continue IMO.

~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          A few of my thoughts on why the board may not be as active:
          1. ​​​​​​With various forms of social media now available, people have a lot more avenues to reach out to others. So some of the funny and friendly topics (MS related or not), may now be posts in these other platforms.
          2. A good thing - more powerful treatments keeping people healthier longer. At my Tysabri infusions, I have met many people who started out on Tysabri as their first med and have not relapsed again, some are 8-11 years out from diagnosis. They don't really feel the need for support and when looking for information, usually just ask people they met at the infusion center, or use FaceBook Tysabri worldwide group or our infusion center group.
          3. Related to #2, aside from not seeing a need for support, they are all busy with work, family life, exercise, and personal interests.
          4. Since most of the people I met at the infusion center aren't progressing, they don't want to join support groups with people that have progressed - it stresses them out and their fears reemerge. Some even go so far as to make sure they aren't scheduled with some people who are more progressive, either cognitively or physically. They said they feel bad about that, but it causes them anxiety.
          I hope I didn't offend anyone by what I stated, just communicating what I have heard and observed.

As for the moderation, I don't ever remember posts appearing without moderation. This prevents spam and scam related posts, and bots from automatically posting on everything and everything.

​​​​​​​As a newer moderator, I am glad there are guidelines. More personally, I am glad politics are not allowed. I could see in other social media apps how charged simple comments became.

I do hope we see more activity as well.
          You hit the nail on the head! I feel the same, Kathy.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X