Just a warning re Gilenys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a warning re Gilenys

• About to have half my forehead sliced off due to Basil Cell Carcinoma, like one in every hundred who take Gilenya. Didn’t read the small print. 🤷♀ Gotta lurve MS.

Hello Think

I'm sorry to learn about the Basil Cell Carcinoma, and your upcoming surgery.

I wasn't aware of that statistic regarding Gilenya. A person with MS has more than enough to deal with, as it is.

So often, life doesn't seem fair at all.

Wishing you all the best with your surgery, Think. Let us know how you're doing post-op.

You're in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth and speedy recovery.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Think! . My dh and I have also had skin removed-- dh more than he'd like.
      I was also unaware of the Gilenya connection and also sending best wishes for your surgery!

It's good to hear from you even though the news is not the best. We've missed you. How are you doing otherwise?
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Pretty darn good - I was chipping weeds from the side of my scooter. Garden looking good. Forehead not so much.🤷♀

Comment

Sorry to hear Think and wish you all the best in your surgery. There are a few that scare me for that reason - way too much time in the sun unprotected years ago and have had a few small removals already. Hoping recovery goes well and you have no more issues.🤞

Glad to see you were out in your garden. To me, nothing better than being outside in nature. Agree with others - nice to see a post from you - just wishing it was for a different reason Let us know how you are making out.

Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thinking of you. I guess I don't know anything about what this kind of surgery entails. But, I hope for a quick recovery for you.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Basil Cell Carcinoma - that's just awful! That's a hell of a side effect! I'll say a prayer 😿

Comment

You are handling the impossible with grace and beauty as always.

Comment

Working...
                X