Always dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always dizzy

I know I've made you all crazy with my dizzy questions, but it is unrelenting and I just have to keep hearing from you all. Is this a constant thing for some of you who are dizzy? It almost never stops for me. I'm not falling down, but my head feels kind of heavy most of the time. My eyes hurt... always too.

Just looking for some understanding and possible suggestions.

And... something I have not thought of as MS related, but I am starting to see some other people question this. Bloating. I've been noticing my clothes feeling tight and painful against my body. Keep taking off clothes during the day. My weight is not changing at all, but my clothing seems to be strangling me. Some constipation, on and off. I've been looking for loose fitting clothes lately, but never really put it together until I saw someone on a Facebook MS page question it.

Any thoughts??

Thanks guys.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Ah Marti - I'm so sorry you have an ongoing problem with dizziness. Have you ever had your ears checked out by an Audiologist or ENT? They may be able to find the root problem of this through vestibular therapy. I've read here on the boards of others who have had this help.

"A common cause of dizziness is a condition within the vestibular system – the inner ear balance mechanisms. These have connections through the inner ear up to the lower part of the brain and into the upper part of the brain as well where dizziness is perceived. Demyelinating conditions can affect those pathways and cause dizziness."

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/ask-...ss-and-balance

As far as on and off constipation with bloating, maybe IBS is the problem? I don't know, but I'm sure it must be tiresome and frustrating, along with the dizziness

Hope you can find relief.
    Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Ah Marti - I'm so sorry you have an ongoing problem with dizziness. Have you ever had your ears checked out by an Audiologist or ENT? They may be able to find the root problem of this through vestibular therapy. I've read here on the boards of others who have had this help.

"A common cause of dizziness is a condition within the vestibular system – the inner ear balance mechanisms. These have connections through the inner ear up to the lower part of the brain and into the upper part of the brain as well where dizziness is perceived. Demyelinating conditions can affect those pathways and cause dizziness."

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/ask-...ss-and-balance

As far as on and off constipation with bloating, maybe IBS is the problem? I don't know, but I'm sure it must be tiresome and frustrating, along with the dizziness

Hope you can find relief.
      Take care
      Wow, I figured out how to respond to you on this new format. I went to the ENT a couple years ago and they could not find anything physical. He and my neuro concluded this is vestibular. But neither of them suggested anything to help. And yes, I have IBS and it's been kicking me around lately. So I suppose this tight feeling could just be from that. Thanks so much. Hope you are in better shape these days.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post

Wow, I figured out how to respond to you on this new format. I went to the ENT a couple years ago and they could not find anything physical. He and my neuro concluded this is vestibular. But neither of them suggested anything to help. And yes, I have IBS and it's been kicking me around lately. So I suppose this tight feeling could just be from that. Thanks so much. Hope you are in better shape these days.
        Maybe it's time to talk with your neuro again or an audiolgist about the vestibular problem and getting some therapy? Hate to see you suffer so! https://vestibular.org/wp-content/up...tation_1pg.pdf

I wish someone here would reply on how this therapy worked for them!
        And thanks for the well wishes. Hanging in there!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Marti,

I have had vestibular therapy twice and had great success with it. After the second time, I have tried to maintain exercises at home. Even if I get away from it and start feeling like I will have issues,I start up again and it always helps end it.

That being said, when heat and fatigue get to me, I still get light headed, but no longer get dizzy/vertigo.

If you choose to go, make sure someone else drives you for awhile. The exercises are meant to build resistance to dizziness related movement: eyes, head, and body. So the exercises are designed to induce the dizziness so you can become resistant. I felt awful in the beginning, but it paid results.

Since what you have tried before has not worked, give vestibular PT a try.

Hope you get relief soon
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X