Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Good idea to see a naturopath.
    I'm a pretty big believer, in recent years especially, in using a combination of natural medicine and traditional medicine.

If you're interested, check out my journey with functional medicine.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...26#post1514726

~ Faith
    I have been following your journey. .

Comment

Originally posted by GracieBH View Post
      I have decided to see a naturopathic Dr and get my mind and health in a better way. I am not ruling out going back on a DMD, but I'm going to do this first as well as a personal trainer.

I'm irritated that the Dr couldn't have at least wanted to see me and maybe put me on a dose of steriods. Telling me by phone when he finally called me back, MRI, then Steriods, then tell me what DMD you want to take, just has not set well with me. Would have been nice to have more than a 5 minute discussion on the phone.

And I am on a antidepressant for GAD and a year ago had a bout of panic disorder, works but the weight gain has been awful.

If anything I am going to do my best to make a positive change in a sucky situation.
      Sorry to hear. Some docs treat the MRI and not the patient. It drives me nuts, since they know not every symptoms can be tied to specific lesion location, not does every lesion show up on an MRI.

You are taking two positive steps to control what you can. I know a DMD is a personal decision and part of a risk/benefit decision we all have to make. I would consider a DMD a third step to do all you can to fight MS. All 3 steps can be taken concurrently. It is worth a discussion with your neuro to make sure your decision is based on current medical understanding.

Good luck with your new path. Sounds like a really good choice.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by GracieBH View Post
        I have been following your journey. .
        Ok. 😀
        My next appointment is in mid July, I think. I'll do a new post after that. I've had some challenges in recent months.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X