Scared to death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared to death

Everything feels like it is falling apart. My cognitive and fatigure is worsening. Friends and family are dwindling.

JazzTX, that is is tough spot to be in and I hope it will be a short phase and things will soon improve.

MS can be so isolating at times.... does your town have any support groups? I just recently went to one and it was quite helpful...although everyone struggles with different symptoms and uses different meds.

Hang in there!! We understand and I am struggling with fatigue and cognitive issues too. I hope you have a good week...at least you are in TX and will be warmer than a big chunk of the folks in the US! 😊

Comment

I'm not going to promise things will get better, that's fool's talk in my opinion.
      Things could easily get worse and worse and worse. But try to concentrate on getting past each night and also attempt to congratulate/reward yourself for any successes you may achieve, no matter how small they may be. It's important we pat ourselves on the back.
      Even whilst doing these things you might get people in your life who will try to put you down or simply stress you out, but you gotta attempt to move past that, shove it to the side and carry on. Stay strong!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz-TX View Post
        Everything feels like it is falling apart. My cognitive and fatigure is worsening. Friends and family are dwindling.
        I was glad to see a post from you, it has been awhile. But when I read the post, I was sorry to see the reason. Are you RRMS, SPMS, or PPMS? Are things progressing slowly or rapidly, physically and mentally? What has your neuro said? On any meds?

Unfortunately, we can't control how others behave, just how we do. If you do have a support group in the area, I would also recommend it. Sometimes having new friends who really get what MS is helps so much. Even if it is just one person you connect with, it can be a huge support and help minimize the feelings of being alone. Of course, there are always people here who can relate.

As for family, are you talking kids or other? Sometimes, it can just be the kids ages, as they gain more independence and their world starts to revolve around their activities and friends, and less on the parents and family life.

Hang in. Hope we see more posts from you.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I'm so sorry you are struggling and hope you continue to post here if you want some company. This disease can be brutal.

I'm a firm believer in trying to get ducks in a row if the writing is on the wall. Hopefully you are able to start putting some plans in place for your future if things are declining and you don't have much support. I hope things take a turn for the better very soon. Hang in there.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

If I remember correctly, you went through a divorce and struggled to keep your kids in your life and took a financial hit. If there is a meditation group near you, you may find it allows you to face struggle with a different stance. If you canīt get to one, there are free online guided meditations from Deepak Chopra, Princeton University, and of course apps for smart phones.

Comment

Working...
            X