Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you’re JCV positive what med have you chosen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Myoak View Post

MGM, you said you are too afraid of the higher level and higher risk meds. Did you read the thread, "Great results so far on Tysabri" under Tysabri in the MEDICATIONS & TREATMENTS forum? It is quite telling on just how effective that particular higher risk med is for many, including a bunch here... ru4cats, pennstater, and Linda in Colorado to name a few. MGM, please keep in mind that MS meds are not the only risk to your well-being...[B] MS progression can be very harmful and actually is more of a risk than are the MS meds, which is why they got FDA approval.
    Myoak, thank you for your thoughts and comments! Truly appreciated! As it turns out, I am JC+ so that limits my choices. Just saw neuro and we agreed to take Aubagio off the table as I recently had unexplained increased liver enzymes. (Thankfully now back to normal.). Discussed Rituxan and Ocrevus and he prefers Ocrevus.

MS isn’t my only health issue so it can be overwhelming at times to figure out what is going on. Any medication changes seem to be best done when I am not changing another med.

We agreed that I need to work through some other health issues before adding another medication. Plus, I have only been off work (resigned from my career) for just over a month....so still in recovery and adjusting to this new place in life.

So, I am right now living in the moment and focusing on taking each day as it comes. We will discuss Ocrevus in the spring and I will have an updated MRI. I now have a plan and that is helpful too! 😉

Thanks for your thoughts myoak...I always like to hear other folks perspectives!! MGM

Comment

You are welcome MGM.

Just another thought... since you are waiting a bit before starting a new DMT...

You may be interested in taking a look at Cladribine. Merck has submitted an application for FDA approval. Since it has been approved in 30+ other countries it probably will be approved here, also, possibly during 2019.

It is an oral. To me, it appears more effective than the other orals and appears to have fewer significant side effects but this is JMHO. The regimen for taking it is unique in that it is taken for only a short course; you do not take it daily, weekly, or even monthly.

Just another option you may want to consider. Best wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by Myoak View Post
        You are welcome MGM.

Just another thought... since you are waiting a bit before starting a new DMT...

You may be interested in taking a look at Cladribine. Merck has submitted an application for FDA approval. Since it has been approved in 30+ other countries it probably will be approved here, also, possibly during 2019.

It is an oral. To me, it appears more effective than the other orals and appears to have fewer significant side effects but this is JMHO. The regimen for taking it is unique in that it is taken for only a short course; you do not take it daily, weekly, or even monthly.

Just another option you may want to consider. Best wishes!
        Thank you Myoak! I haven’t ever heard of this drug so you are right....I have some time to research. Sounds interesting. At this point in my life I am struggling more with adding more risk than living with the MS risk I seem to know. That said, if I had a really bad flare, my guess is that my feelings on meds would quickly change! Lol!! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X