Do I cut my mom out of my life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
    ... my goal is making my remaining time as fun, stress free, healthy, and living how I want. If that means cutting some one out of my life because they don’t respect me that is my right
    Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
    Daisycat, this may blow your mind, but those are the very things that make most people happy.
    Happiness encompasses many things but three of the four things you just listed are cornerstones for happiness.
    So, yeah. Keep working towards a life that includes fun, decreases stress, improves health and encompasses self determination.

Hopefully, that will increase happiness and contentment.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
      Daisycat, this may blow your mind, but those are the very things that make most people happy.
      Happiness encompasses many things but three of the four things you just listed are cornerstones for happiness.

I know that is what makes most people happy. I feel like this disease has taken the fun and health out of my life. It has defiantly increased my stress levels. Before this disease my life was about my career and improving that and doing everything I could to reach my career goals. Since that was something I decided against I had to find new things to work towards.

The hardest part will be accepting that I can truly never live 100% how I want to again , but I know that being lazy for a week and not working out or having that wonderful cigarette would not be good for me in the long run... so I will have to settle for what I can do.

Comment

Saw this and had to jump in, only you know your situation best. Only you can make the decision to cut mom out or not.

Yet my mom also drove me legit nuts, over not only my MS yet just about any decision I made in my life. Yes I loved her yet she was a rough one.

Yet in October she suddenly passed away, it was very unexpected and was heartbreaking to be a part of. Point is in those last moments the different opinions, the constant judgement, none of it mattered.

What I remembered what we spoke of in our last conversation was my childhood. The sweet things she did etc

Mother and daughter relationships as we all know can be so complicated. Yet I've come to learn sometimes agreeing to disagree is the best way to go. ❤️

Good luck 😊

UOTE=Daisycat;1514973]I’m sure everyone here knows how I view this lovely disease by now so I’ll skip to my issue...

My mom is extremely religious and is one of those people who thinks this life doesn’t matter because all that matters is eternal life.

Well I am a hardcore atheist so I have a very hard time dealing with her telling me it shouldn’t matter if I have to spend 20 years blind or in a wheelchair or even 100 % paralyzed on a respirator because all that matters is eternal life.

I cant deal with this anymore. I don’t believe In the after life so I’m more concerned about my life now.

And apparently me saying I wouldn’t want to be kept alive by a machine for 20 years meant she was going to “talk to my dad about getting me help”..,

thankfully she has no legal power over me. My boyfriend is my medical power of attorney and my dad is number two (and my dad thinks she’s kinda crazy sometimes)

I love her and I don’t want to cut her out of my life, but she has to accept that my life is the way it is and I’m never going to shout from the rooftops about this and I’m never going to be the same person I was 14 months ago.

Sorry for the complaining... it’s just every time I think I might be at least accomplishing some of my goals and can be happy about that at least she always has to ruin it.[/QUOTE]
        Jen Dx'd 5/11
        "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

Working...
        X