Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ignore" option selection

To our moderators,

I want to thank all of you for the job you do. Scanning, reading, editing and directing the volume of posts on a daily basis may be even more exhausting than I initially thought.

Lately I have been checking out our "members online" or the "birthdays" available at the bottom of the forum page. Noticed the selection available "Ignore."

Never thought that anyone would use this button, but am now curious.... How does this work?

Will my screen simply have some kind of icon delineation as to the presence of the ignored person?

Will any threads started by the ignored person simply not appear on my screen? Will the ignored person's post to a thread appear "crossed out"?

I apologize in advance to the tech savvy among us... I'm a tad illiterate with 21st century know how. And never thought I would ever consider ignoring anyone but this choice has been available for a very long time therefore the original designers of MSW had some idea of a future requirement.... Thoughts?

Thanks for any insight in advance.

Hey Jer

Where is this Ignore feature that you are referring to?
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo,

Message board page / click on any member / new page member profile appears / right hand column offers choices, first choice...

Comment

CORRECTION left side of page, not right.......... duh.

Comment

Jer ~

I googled VBulletin manual and this is what it said about ignore list:

"Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged into the forums."

Now, I don't know if that feature is enabled on MSWorld (I'll wait for Seasha to come on and ask her), but you are welcome to give it a try to see.

Also, you don't have to go to the bottom of Message Board or Forum page to click on a member user name to view their profile - you can click on their user name anywhere to view their profile.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi there - to ignore a member's post:

Go to your username on the top of the page on black bar. Hit Settings.
            From settings (on the left hand side) you will see My Settings.
            Under My Settings, scroll down the list until you see Edit Ignore List.
            Click on this. You will be able to put in a username that you wish to ignore.

Hope this helps you and anyone else wishing to use this function.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Hi there - to ignore a member's post:

Click on this. You will be able to put in a username that you wish to ignore.

Hope this helps you and anyone else wishing to use this function.
              Thank you Seasha!

Comment

Hi Sasha and KoKo,

Does what KoKo stated still apply? ("Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged into the forums.")

And even more importantly does this apply to Threads began by the "ignored" person? (Guess the entire thread would be "ignored?)

I hesitate to click 'ignore" since I don't know, but assume I can "unignore" someone in future?

And I am still interested in what the thinking was that created this option to begin with....

Thanks for the assistance!

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  I hesitate to click 'ignore" since I don't know, but assume I can "unignore" someone in future?

Jer
                  Ok Jer ~ I can answer this one now.

After these instructions:

Click on this. You will be able to put in a username that you wish to ignore

I clicked on Edit Ignore List and entered a name. Then I clicked on Edit Ignore List again, and I was able to Uncheck the username and Save Changes.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    Does what KoKo stated still apply? ("Posts from users that you are ignoring are hidden from view when logged into the forums.")

And even more importantly does this apply to Threads began by the "ignored" person? (Guess the entire thread would be "ignored?)
                    Jer ~ this is what you'll see, in the thread or post, when a user is added to your ignore list:

This message is hidden because **** is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

I looked to see, and all of the threads and posts (even previous ones) by my ignored person had this message, with the choice to view it or remove from ignore list right in the message.

You can still read all other members posts in the thread, even if the thread was started by the user in your ignore list.

Comment

Does this prevent the ignored person from seeing our posts? Is there a way to prevent them from replying to our threads or comments?
                      I guess I’m asking if this works like blocking a person. Because that would be pretty sweet right now.
                      “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
                        Does this prevent the ignored person from seeing our posts? Is there a way to prevent them from replying to our threads or comments?
                        I guess I’m asking if this works like blocking a person. Because that would be pretty sweet right now.
                        IntoDust ~ I get what you're asking, but the Ignore feature doesn't seem to work like a Block feature. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                          IntoDust ~ I get what you're asking, but the Ignore feature doesn't seem to work like a Block feature. Sorry!
                          Where’s the suggestions box? I’ve got a note I need to drop in there.
                          “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
                            Where’s the suggestions box? I’ve got a note I need to drop in there.
                            IntoDust ~

Click on Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Might be a good time, as MSWorld is upgrading soon.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                              Jer ~ this is what you'll see, in the thread or post, when a user is added to your ignore list:

This message is hidden because **** is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

I looked to see, and all of the threads and posts (even previous ones) by my ignored person had this message, with the choice to view it or remove from ignore list right in the message.

You can still read all other members posts in the thread, even if the thread was started by the user in your ignore list.
                              Thanks! I have wondered the same thing although I can't really think of anyone so unpleasant that I'd want to ignore them. Even if I did I know I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to view a hidden comment, lol.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X