Hello Fresh Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Fresh Commercial

Is it just me, or does the Hello Fresh commercial get on your nerves? In it, the woman said her doctor told her that she had Multiple Sclerosis and she is tired all the time. I think it is the line where she said it sets the tone for the rest of the night.

I am sorry, but working full time, cooking even when ingredients all shipped, cleaning up - there is no rest of the night with MS fatigue!

I like that it brings some attention to MS, but the ending really irks me. Then again, rough week, so maybe I am just grumpy!
    Last edited by KoKo; 09-26-2018, 02:09 PM. Reason: added the o to hello
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
    Is it just me, or does the Hello Fresh commercial get on your nerves? In it, the woman said her doctor told her that she had Multiple Sclerosis and she is tired all the time. I think it is the line where she said it sets the tone for the rest of the night.

I am sorry, but working full time, cooking even when ingredients all shipped, cleaning up - there is no rest of the night with MS fatigue!

I like that it brings some attention to MS, but the ending really irks me. Then again, rough week, so maybe I am just grumpy!
    pennstater

Yes, I saw it on tv and also on the Multiple Sclerosis News Today website.

It looked to me that the meal preparation and the mess that needed to be cleaned up was a lot of work.

Maybe her DH did all the clean up for her.

MS motor fatigue can be debilitating at times for me too. I can't do all that cutting, chopping, preparation etc. when my whole body is super tired. Just something quick for me!

If anyone wants to see it:

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...et-way-dinner/

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I guess I missed this one, but I was just talking about these commercials for medicines that always show actors in the best health, active, taking vacations, getting better all the time. I was really ticked about one for heart failure that promised a wonderful life to patients who took this pill. Why do advertisers and magazines always show all the most unrealistic scenarios instead of REAL people with REAL problems? Sam was never offered any of the new drugs for heart failure.

So what is Hello Fresh anyway??
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
        I guess I missed this one, but I was just talking about these commercials for medicines that always show actors in the best health...

So what is Hello Fresh anyway??
        I guess if they didn't show them in the best of health, noone would buy it.

Hello Fresh is one of the companies that sends you all the ingredients with the recipe so you can cook at home, avoiding thinking of your menu and shopping.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Thanks for sharing the link.

I actually thought it was kind of cute because they looked like real people and not actors. And like has been pointed out if they had someone like me in a ratty Walmart sweat suit with hair in a ponytail cooking in my less than cute kitchen nobody would buy their product. Also if I prepare a home cooked meal after working all day trust me my husband knows better than to expect any "tone for the rest of the evening".

As for the product while it might be nice not to have to grocery shop and have something fresh, different and healthy each night it looks like a lot of work and probably expensive. Plus I'm very fussy about my produce if I got stuff that didn't look fresh I wouldn't be happy. I think it might be more for wealthy moms who have to cook something fresh and healthy for their kids and can afford to subscribe to these type of things.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
            Also if I prepare a home cooked meal after working all day trust me my husband knows better than to expect any "tone for the rest of the evening".
            Thats funny.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

When i first saw the commercial i thought "i want to be like her". Mostly because she was so put together whereas i'm in a t-shirt, sweatpants and hair in a messy bun the moment i get home from work (MS or not- that is me).
              Not sure if anyone watches American Ninja Warrior but there was a guy whose wife had MS and they showed her. They showed their daily struggles and she was pretty young. That segment brought me to tears and thinking "Will that be me".
              Two different situations (one staged-i'm assuming) and two different emotions.
              Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
              Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

Comment

I watched it and thought I wouldn't be cooking like that even if I didn't have this disease. Thankfully my boyfriend likes cooking and I clean up.

And nope... can't say I have seen American Ninja Warrior. I do not think I would want to watch a show that shows someone with this. Be way too hard for me.

Comment

Working...
                X