Your edss score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your edss score?

What is your EDSS score? according to my doctor i am 0,but i sometimes feel some symptoms like tingling in my fingers and so on...does that mean anything for edss?

EDDS

Originally posted by Medina89 View Post
    What is your EDSS score? according to my doctor i am 0,but i sometimes feel some symptoms like tingling in my fingers and so on...does that mean anything for edss?
    Newly dx (sept. 2017) score zero and recovered to about %95. Tho I’m not who I used to be, no more explosive movements in sports and stay off scaffolding at work.

Comment

Medina89 ~

According to this explanation from the Multiple Sclerosis Trust website, numbness or loss of sensations would be included as impairment in the functional system (FS). Each functional system is scored on a scale of 0 (no disability) to 5 or 6 (more severe disability).

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/expan...tus-scale-edss

EDSS steps 5.0 to 9.5 are defined by the impairment to walking.

I wonder if the tingling needs to happen most of the time (rather than sometimes) in order to be scored? I really don't know.

Take Care
      Last edited by KoKo; 08-03-2018, 08:15 AM. Reason: added more info to post
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Medina89 ~

According to this explanation from the Multiple Sclerosis Trust website, numbness or loss of sensations would be included as impairment in the functional system (FS). Each functional system is scored on a scale of 0 (no disability) to 5 or 6 (more severe disability).

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/expan...tus-scale-edss

EDSS steps 5.0 to 9.5 are defined by the impairment to walking.

I wonder if the tingling needs to happen most of the time (rather than sometimes) in order to be scored? I really don't know.

Take Care
        Interesting,in my case it does not affect my functions its just a feeling i have sometimes,i guess i am used to it as i have had it for years

Comment

Interesting,in my case it does not affect my functions its just a feeling i have sometimes,i guess i am used to it as i have had it for years
          And yet, according to the chart in the article, a 1.0 score is given for minimal signs in one FS (in your case, the sensory FS), with no disability.

Ultimately, I suppose it all depends on the neuro's assessment.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X