How do you deal with stress?? how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with stress?? how

hello,I just wanted to know how you all,deal with stress.Over the years things seem to bother me more.Thank you,Dave

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
    hello,I just wanted to know how you all,deal with stress.Over the years things seem to bother me more.Thank you,Dave
    You have to let go. Stress is self induced. Learn to control your mind.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
      You have to let go. Stress is self induced. Learn to control your mind.

Easier said than done! Wish I had the answer for this question. If I did, I could "cure" myself.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Mine has actually gotten better as I've gotten older and have lived through many crisis large and small. I've learned to triage and recognize the incidences that are worth getting all jacked up over and the ones that are mere annoyances. Regardless I do the best I can and so far I've made it through them all. Knock wood!

There does seem to be an increase in depression and anxiety in the geriatric population so thats something I will be on the look out for in the future and there are medications that could be considered if indicated. Therapy can be excellent to offer coping strategies.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
          Easier said than done! Wish I had the answer for this question. If I did, I could "cure" myself.
          No doubt. I struggle with it as well. I find I can usually prioritize things and "trash" the items that are insignificant if I detach from the situation. My problem is recognizing when I need to detach.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Marti!

i feel like you. I will try all said above. I deal with deep depression and it's not not easy because we dwell on things. My meds do take some of the edge off.

Susie

Diagnosed 6-28-14
            RRMS
            Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

I think one thing that helped me be able to recognize when I was stressing over "stupid stuff" was being on an anti-anxiety drug. it flattened out all of my emotions. I was on it for only a few months, and this was before my diagnosis, and since then I can see when i am stressing unnecessarily.
              Brenda
              Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Working...
              X