lumbar puncture problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lumbar puncture problems

this really isnt related to MS but i figured people here have exp with lumbar puncture and could give me advice

im in my 20s i had a lumbar puncture Fluoroscopy last friday after asking and talking to doctors and suffering a long time, to check for certain things. this was just a diganostic test i wasnt having the nausea or problems walking or vomiting etc before

anyway it was definitely worth it to check but ive got increasingly bad the procedure was no sweat but the pain and headaches started and then cold sweats and chills and vomiting, neck and back pain, sunday i went to hospital and they said it might be a csf leak. they sent me home with meds for nausea and vomiting but it doesnt help i just puke that up to. its still bad when laying down

could this be normal? the doctor said something about calling the hospital for blood patch but i just dont feel like doing anything i just feel horrible and feel it might cause more problems, i was thinking it could go away on its own or something.

i dont feel like going to hospital and everything again

have others gone through this? is this part of having a CSF leak or what

the back , neck , head pain seems to not be as severe today i took aleve but the nausea and dizziness is terrible, i cannot walk without it getting extreme

seems most people dont seem to have issues with lumbar puncture like this or feel this bad, i do have some other medical that would make it harder for me to recover

should this go away on its own?

NOT NORMAL!!
    Yes, you are most likely leaking CSF
    You NEED a blood patch. It's a simple procedure, but will FIX THE PROBLEM.
    Get someone to take you back to the ER and INSIST on getting one.
    You will be ill for ages without that fix.
    Please let us know how this goes for you.
    "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
    Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

ME TOO

I had a L P and i also got bad head ackes I had to go back for a blood patch and it fixed it in 1 hr .. Do not suffer for a day before you go.. like i did

Comment

thanks for responses

i didnt want blood patch so i just dealt with it and sickness disappeared saturday. vomiting cold sweats and everything stopped. i also didnt mean to complain or anything i just wanted to be descriptive to know what u thought it was, on top of my already condition the sickness was a pain in the butt

thanks again
        Last edited by Seasha; 07-01-2018, 08:56 PM. Reason: Words changed per Guideline #4

Comment

Hi Guys yes to the blood patch it is simple they just inject some of your blood around the LP area,
          years ago I had a brain tumour and for some reason the wound wouldn't heal because the CSF fluid pressure was too high so they came up with the idea to do LP's every day for a month reducing the pressure around my brain and guess what, my back started to leak CSF after 30 LP's, a blood patch healed it straight away have a great day guys Craig

Comment

Working...
          X