UBC MS Clinic trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UBC MS Clinic trouble

I am so very frustrated with the UBC MS clinic. My last appointment was in November 2017. At that time I was told I needed another MRI to see if the Aubagio was working. I was given an appointment in August 2018 for followup. I waited to be called for an MRI and it didn't happen. I called the MS Clinic and they had never sent the MRI requisition! Another two calls and it was finally sent, but I'm told it won't be done for months now. Today the MS Clinic calls and says they have to change my appt date! I live in northern BC and flights to Vancouver are expensive. I had booked and paid for my flight in August a few months ago and I can't afford the cost of changing the flight. I asked the person who called if I could see a different neurologist on the August date. Her answer was "I don't know".
    Visiting this MS Clinic has turned into a major problem and I feel like cancelling the whole thing.

That's unbelievable

Originally posted by riverlady5783 View Post
    I am so very frustrated with the UBC MS clinic. My last appointment was in November 2017. At that time I was told I needed another MRI to see if the Aubagio was working. I was given an appointment in August 2018 for followup. I waited to be called for an MRI and it didn't happen. I called the MS Clinic and they had never sent the MRI requisition! Another two calls and it was finally sent, but I'm told it won't be done for months now. Today the MS Clinic calls and says they have to change my appt date! I live in northern BC and flights to Vancouver are expensive. I had booked and paid for my flight in August a few months ago and I can't afford the cost of changing the flight. I asked the person who called if I could see a different neurologist on the August date. Her answer was "I don't know".
    Visiting this MS Clinic has turned into a major problem and I feel like cancelling the whole thing.
    wow, that's seems outragesely frustrating. My MRI is in August as well to see how tecfidera is doing. I'm hoping I'll be relapse free till then I've recovered so well from sept. 2017 I'm praying for a good result. I guess the Alberta health care is much different, or I just have a good neurologist and 10 min drive to my clinic im luck to have no issues like you are dealing with.

im sorry you have been put through that runaround but also hope you MRI (wen you see the results) turns out better than you expect.

best of luck to you,

Comment

Working...
    X