Memory Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DorOMA View Post
    I don't know if there is a standard test, but my tests consisted of the tester reading a story to me then asked what I recalled of the story (including colors, numbers, names, and theme). The next part was me reading to myself then recall. After that, I read out loud and then a recall. Last the tester held up picture cards and read off of the back (the picture was of a girl on a bike) but the tester would read something like "this person is going fast) and then I had to recall.
    It was really interesting and I found out the I remember better with audible instructions. So now I say things out loud more!
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you!

Allison

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      In addition to cognitive dysfunction, some medications can contribute to fatigue and/or depression, which in turn, affect our cognitive abilities. But just because you may be on a med that contributes to this, doesn't mean it is the sole cause. They just need to be comprehensive in their evaluation.

I am a big proponent of getting this test, disability or not. My neuro did this early on to get a baseline. Even then, it helped identify problem areas and then things to help compensate for this. For some people, it may even identify accommodations that may help them stay in the work force longer. Once I progressed some, the retests showed area that changed and supported my disability claim. You don't need prior tests to get disability, but for some people, it may help.

Don't stress your test. Go in, do your best, and don't get frustrated. Noone is judging you, nor expecting perfection. Try to view it as a tool to help you in the long run, no matter the results.
      Thank you Kathy!

Allison

Comment

Working...
      X