My little grandson helps his disabled Mimi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little grandson helps his disabled Mimi

We just returned from vacation, visiting grandchildren -- little M will be 2 in May and baby L is 4 1/2 months.

I only started to use a cane regularly about two months ago. M saw me use it only once. It was in January when I took it with me to the Y.

When I arrived at their home on this visit, I used it to walk into the house and placed it by the back door when I hung up my coat.

all week, every time we went anywhere outside the house, M went to the back door as we all get ready, picked up my cane, and brought it to me. Once, when I was in the bathroom while others were getting ready, he brought it and left it beside the recliner where I'd been sitting.

He just melts my heart. Somehow, even at his tender age, he is beginning to learn about abilities, disabilities, needs of others and helping.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Sounds like a sweet little boy.
    Grandchildren are the best.

Julie

Comment

That is so sweet. Glad you were able to visit and spend precious time with then.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Grandkids really are the best Mamabug!

I just finished exercises at my 10 yr old granddaughter's "gym" which she set up in my bed room. We have leg and arm weights and a stationary bike too. The gym keeps her and her 7 yr old brother busy and it helps keeps us healthier too!

I'm glad you had fun with your grandkids!

Ps I'm going to join your exercise group one of these days!
        Ei

Comment

Working...
        X