Need quick advice, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need quick advice, please

I leave for Cleveland tomorrow and have arranged childcare, school schedules and have been working overtime to accrue enough time off to be able to leave work. All this is for my first Ocrevus infusion.

My mom, who provides childcare for me, just informed me she thinks she has shingles. What do I do? I'm not trying to be selfish about it, but how does this effect my infusion, or does it? If I tell them my mom has shingles, will they still administer the meds? Does it make me more susceptible?

I'm kind of panicking.
    DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Sorry to hear about Mom and hope not a bad case and recovery is quick.

Have you or your kids had chicken pox? Shingles is only contagious if your have physical contact, usually with an open blister.

If you haven't had chicken pox, it puts you at risk of getting it by passing the virus on if you have this contact. I

f you have had chicken pox, I don't think you can catch shingles per se.

The virus is contagious to anyone who hasn't had chicken pox until all the blisters scab over.

I saw my sister a week before my Tysabri infusion and she had shingles. They didn't seem too concerned about it since I had chicken pox.

You should probably let them know though. Avoid any contact if exposed blisters.

Good luck tomorrow.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X