Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becoming pregnant with MS

Good evening all,
    I was curious if there is any moms out there that have conceived after being diagnosed with MS if so how did you manage your symptoms while you were trying to conceive? My husband and I have decided to start trying so I currently Am off my Gylenia and all pain meds as well... but after being off them I’m looking for new ways to help with my fatigue, leg spasms and of course the lovely cognitive issues. Before deciding on a family I was on adarall to help with the fatigue which I think helped with the cognitive issues as well. Does anyone have any good natural remedies that helped you during this time?
    Thank you
    C. Whorton

Hi Chelsea,

I had two children after my diagnosis, they are now 26 and 28 years old. When I was diagnosed and when I had children there were not any Disease Modifying Therapies. Exercise helps with many symptoms such as spasticity, fatigue, cognition and helps maintain muscle, strength, and endurance.

Best wishes on trying to conceive
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Can you take the money you´re saving on the Rx co-pays and sink it into veggies, fruits and grass-fed meats? I take ALA- alpha lipoic acid and I think it helps with fighting cog fog. Yoga is great for ya too. I just picked up a Rodney Yee prenatal yoga DVD at the thrift store so you can continue a practice all the way through. Getting more sleep helps with fatigue and during the power outage that lasted a few days, I was wifi free and went to bed earlier and got up much earlier. Maybe avoiding the blue light on screens in the evening can take the place of the adderall.

Comment

Thank you so much for the responses. I was thinking of upping my work out to see if that might help. Definitely will look into yoga thank you so much for the advice!!

Comment

I don't have any advice, but wanted to wish you the best of luck with starting your family.

Comment

Working...
          X