Weight training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight training

Since being dx in sept. 2017 and a flare that hit me hard, I had enough... I used to go to my gym and weightlift and workout 2-3 days a week for years. I was getting stronger and stronger then I had to stop... solumedrol and hospital bed + wheelchair for me then, PT and rehab got me up and running again in November/December and January/February I'm walking good and balance is coming along.

These days im very active doing yoga now (love it) back to weights (lost a lot of my strength tho) I'm not gonna let MS stop me from doing what I loved to do (rockin' out on my headphones weight training) it's my ME time 😊 No MS ALLOWED !!!

after reading about David Lyons and Kevin Smith I'm super inspired, they look good too, I'm gonna use my functions to preserve what I can and attain the body I've been after for years before dx. It's seems my only place to be away from the anxiety is in the weight room.

my neuro says that weight training enchances remylenation so I'm all for it... can't lose with excersizes and my fatigue is all but gone now too 😊

Hi Ant1981,

I have been doing some form of exercise since my diagnosis almost 34 years a go. I use the knowledge and benefits of Physical Therapists as needed. I have been weight training for several years and have a 4 station weight machine in my home. I don't focus so much on the weight amount as I do to reps, but that's my way of weight training.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Ant1981,

good for you!!! I'm glad you have recovered so well!

I too was a gym rat for years. I really believe many of my symtoms were held at bay due to my time and dedication to the gym. It wasnt until I stopped training when things started going down hill,
      so I agree that weight training and yoga are very benificial. If one can physically do them.

Core muscle strength and conditioning is a must in order to help with balance issues.

If only there was a way to battle fatigue.....urrrggghhh!!

keep up the good work!..... and attitude towards ms!!!

Comment

Remylenation?

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
        my neuro says that weight training enchances remylenation so I'm all for it... can't lose with excersizes and my fatigue is all but gone now too 😊
        I have never heard this, or anything else that enhances remylenation, but maybe my neuro just gave up on me after 14 years!

I am all for physical activity in any shape or form, especially for us. I do yoga. This is just my opinion, but I feel as though I am making new neurological pathways by exercising rather than fixing my damaged mylen, but I don't know...
        Tawanda

Comment

This article might be helpful:

https://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.c...osis-patients/
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Good article

Thanks SNOOPY, excersize has all bit eliminated my fatigue and balance is getting better and better not sure if my recovery is my first MS flare remittance is the reason but excersize seems to play a part in it too I'm sure.

I'm gonna stick with it and I'm getting stronger every week, I love it!

Comment

Awesome Ant, just awesome!!!
              Diagnosed 1984

Comment

Working...
              X