Stop it!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop it!!

I am living w/ SPMS. I can deal w/ the majority problems involved. However, a monster appeared 2 years ago. When I wake up in the morning I better head to the bathroom. I usually spend 8-9 hours in the bathroom. I saw a gastro dr and it took 2 visits before he figured out that I was not experiencing diarrhea or constipation. Thanks to the nerve which controls the bowel movements and the formation of hard stools and the lack of the body's ability to remove liquids, I'm in a butt-rutt. The Gastro recommended taking florastor once at night. That is the only pill that I take for this problem and the only one that helps somewhat. He also mentioned that if u could urinate in a container it would keep your body from thinking it was on the toilet. Having talked w/ the gastroenterologist the 2nd time, we agreed that it was a nerve problem. So, here I sit on my royal throne; does anyone else have a suggestion on how to deal w/ this problem? A remedy would be greatly appreciated by my gluteus maximus! Sincerely, Pablo Charmin

It’s 60 steps to my lavatory. Two ninety degree turns, clutching my rollator. Once I see the lavatory, my brain sends the “you’re nearly there” signal to my bladder. And it’s pretty much all over red rover.
    Only advice - turn all background noise off before you set out; keep the lights down, and don’t try to cross your legs before you get there. If you’ve got tight elastic pressing on your bladder, move it lower. Don’t get distracted.
    And there are worse things than wearing adult diapers. Not many, but there are. 🙄

Comment

Does anyone else have bowel problems linked to the MS?

Comment

Originally posted by CPGONE View Post
        Does anyone else have bowel problems linked to the MS?
        CPGONE

You might want to check out our forum (Secretive and Confidential Symptom Room) with info about bowel and bladder issues:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/forumd...l-Symptom-Room

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Just so I understand what we're talking about...you're having to "go" even though the
          sensation to go doesn't register when you have to go, nothing happens. Is that why you spend the better part of the day in the restroom, waiting to go.

If that's the case, I use Miralax plus a magnesium powder called Calm and you can build
          up till the desired effect is achieved. Same with Miralax, but that might too much, or
          too little.

If I use a combination of those two over the counter meds, I can regulate my bowels...
          everybody's different so it might take some time to get the dose that you need figured
          out. (also glycerin suppositories might be needed to help get things started.

If I missed the crux of your issues, sorry.

Comment

Stop it!

Thank you for your interest in my story. Unfortunately, I suffer w/ a rude,crude, socially unacceptable phenomenon. I am not constipated. I suffer w/a continuous bowel movement from about 6a.m.to 2:00p.m. and it is not diarrhea. The only recommendation from the doctor was an OTC probiotic called Florastor.

Comment

I would look into the supplement NAC- N acetyl cysteine. Also please look into a diet with short versus long chain fatty acids. There´s another supplement- propionate which feeds the good bacteria in your colon. Just a hunch, but dietary changes could bring you some relief. Does your insurance cover a visit to a nutritionist? If so, try keeping a 5 day food diary to show him/her.

Comment

I don’t have exactly the same problem that you do but a have a neurogenic bowel and it causes plenty of disasters. I have no sensation that the material is coming out. I have no control over it. I am not constipated. I don’t have the runs. Laxitives make it worse. Never tried Imodium AD but it does sound good,

If I take Miralax, I wake up in the morning stuck in this thick, sticky very stinky paste. So that’s not the answer. I’m allergic to disposable adult diapers so I purchased some cloth ones. The pins are too much of a hassle so I fold the diaper in thirds and wear it under panties.

The best thing I can do is to let myself get very constipated and let the hard stool come out. Someimes more will come out than if I use laxatives. There is risk in my approach but i couldn’t live with the constant stream of goo.

Comment

Could you explain to me what a neurogenic bowel is? What can be done to slow it down or stop it?

Comment

I looked up and read about the NAC thing that was mentioned and when I read sulfa that was a big nono for me. I am allergic to any kind of products with any kind of sulfur in it. I do appreciate the info though.

Comment

Working...
                    X