Feeling somewhat discouraged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama bug,

Please don’t be to discouraged. My wife has been diagnosed 18 years now and she has had some down times but they pass.

I saw that you had to pay a lot of money for physical therapy. I am assuming you are not on Medicare. (on your picture you look like a college student) my wife is on original Medicare and she has been going to PT for some time and Medicare picks up the entire charge. Do you have a good “Y” near you.

Comment

I think I missed your thread until now. I completely understand and sympathize with you. I tried PT several times and it never "stuck". It's so hard to become dependent.

I have had Sam in the hospital twice already this year. Supposed to bring him home today.

My neuros have flipp-flopped about my being RRMS or SPMS or even PRMS. All I know is it always seems worse. But, I'm still going.

Hope you have some success and start to feel better. You've always helped me on this forum!!
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by robert152 View Post
        Please don’t be to discouraged. My wife has been diagnosed 18 years now and she has had some down times but they pass.

I saw that you had to pay a lot of money for physical therapy. I am assuming you are not on Medicare. (on your picture you look like a college student) my wife is on original Medicare and she has been going to PT for some time and Medicare picks up the entire charge. Do you have a good “Y” near you.
        Thanks for your encouragement and your kind words. I am on Medicare Part A only (hospitalization). I use my husband's employer health insurance for other insurance (doctor appointments, rx coverage, etc.)

I look like I'm a college student? lol I'm 55. College was more than half a lifetime ago. The photo was taken 5 years ago, when I was 50. Hair dye helps some, but not that much. It doesn't drop 30 years from my appearance.

Yes; I have a good YMCA near here. I was a member for about a year, but recently dropped my membership because they increased our monthly fee and I just didn't use it enough. I've joined the local Recreation Center instead. It costs less than half as much and it offers more Silver Sneakers classes than the Y.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
          I think I missed your thread until now. I completely understand and sympathize with you. I tried PT several times and it never "stuck". It's so hard to become dependent.

I have had Sam in the hospital twice already this year. Supposed to bring him home today.

My neuros have flipp-flopped about my being RRMS or SPMS or even PRMS. All I know is it always seems worse. But, I'm still going.

Hope you have some success and start to feel better. You've always helped me on this forum!!
          PT worked miracles for me in the past. But, that was 15 years ago, following flares. At this point, my MS has just progressed too much and much of the damage, I'm afraid, is permanent.

Sorry to hear about Sam. Life just isn't fair for your family -- two of you with health issues.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm glad that some of my posts have been helpful to you.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X