Back to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to work

I'm gonna go back to light work duties next week, I'm recovering well enough to handle things on ground level only (no scaffolding) like cutting wire cuts, flashing cuts, staple wire, pick up garbage move wood planks and stuff like that. I'll take it real easy cause it's easy work.

any advice besides taking it easy?

thanks

That is excellent news! My advice would be consider the potential longevity of your career in the event your health falters and use this time to not only save as much money as you can but also consider what positions would best fit your skill set in the future.

I went back to school very soon after my diagnosis, while working, to secure a more physically friendly job in the event my health hit the crapper and am very glad I did.

Good luck!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Stay hydrated even if it means more trips to the loo. Hydration will help fight fatigue.

Comment

Career

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        That is excellent news! My advice would be consider the potential longevity of your career in the event your health falters and use this time to not only save as much money as you can but also consider what positions would best fit your skill set in the future.

I went back to school very soon after my diagnosis, while working, to secure a more physically friendly job in the event my health hit the crapper and am very glad I did.

Good luck!
        well it's my own business and I have business partner if I can no longer handle the onsite duties there is a need for a full time estimator and customer service rep. As long as I can drive and use a computer that is what I'll be doing cause the work is too physically demanding. School is also an option and might look into it a little more. but for now I'll just work a little and get some sun and exercise and transition to a backend role.

Comment

Thats awesome. Better everyday!
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
            well it's my own business and I have business partner if I can no longer handle the onsite duties there is a need for a full time estimator and customer service rep. As long as I can drive and use a computer that is what I'll be doing cause the work is too physically demanding. School is also an option and might look into it a little more. but for now I'll just work a little and get some sun and exercise and transition to a backend role.
            Excellent news that you own the company and have non-physical options! I think it is important to consider the what-ifs so we aren't left without a financial cushion. I'm all about making hay while the sun is shining. Good luck getting back into the work routine.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Working...
            X