Gut Biome Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gut Biome Check

There's a company starting to research gut bacteria. Being curious about my gut bacteria, I signed up and was approved to be part of their test.

I am not expecting any earth shattering information from this test. Just a bit more information than I have now and might show if any strain is completely out of the norm.

Here's their spiel:

SmartGut is the world’s first sequencing-based clinical microbiome screening test based on our patented technology and extensive peer-reviewed research. The test detects beneficial and pathogenic microorganisms associated with specific infections and gut conditions including Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) including Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease, and even obesity and diabetes.

Once they get your sample they can share, sell it or whatever.

The cost is "free" to people with insurance, but they will try to bill your insurance close to $3k. I am hoping the cost will count against my insurance deductible to reduce my maximum out of pocket expenses for 2018.

https://ubiome.com/clinical/smartgut/

The gut connection and also inflammation are very interesting to me based on their appearance in so many different conditions. Its rudimentary and I wish we were 20 years down the road but certainly heading in the right direction. Please keep us posted.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X