Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victory is mine!

Happy Thanksgiving, American friends.
    Finally, after fifteen (15) months, I have qualified for the Disability Support Pension.
    Teleconference with an "independent" doctor, who said, "I rang your neurologist, and he said, 'She can't really walk, let alone work'".
    Dear Lord - why didn't they do this at the start when I first applied?🙄
    Anyhoo - good news at long, long last. Enjoy your 🦃.

The wait it over and congratulations to you! Yay
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
      Finally, after fifteen (15) months, I have qualified for the Disability Support Pension.
      Teleconference with an "independent" doctor, who said, "I rang your neurologist, and he said, 'She can't really walk, let alone work'".
      That is great news, Thinkimjob!

So happy for you.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Age of diagnosis

Just out of curiosity, at what age were you diagnosed thinkimjob? I'm 36 y/o male in my first major flare and really scared of my prognosis, 1 brainstem lesion is causing motor issues, balance among numbness as well. Thanks for any info at all.

Comment

Glad to hear your Australian system worked for you! Hope that gives you a little peace of mind.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Finally!!
            God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
              Just out of curiosity, at what age were you diagnosed thinkimjob? I'm 36 y/o male in my first major flare and really scared of my prognosis, 1 brainstem lesion is causing motor issues, balance among numbness as well. Thanks for any info at all.
              I was 27 and I wasn't too bad until the last few years.

Comment

I"m so happy for you! It always takes too long, but what a relief it is!! Congratulations!

Comment

Woot Woot!!!!
                  Jen
                  RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                  "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hi Thinkimbob did you know you can apply for medical heating and cooling $ its not a lot but every bit helps I don't remember how also a electricity rebate for aircon allowance now you are on pension good luck Craig

Comment

Congratulations on being so sick you cannot work. I'm glad the administration battle is over so you can focus on your real fight.

Comment

Belated Merry Christmas to all.
                        Remember Thanksgiving? I was so confident I had finally qualified for a DSP.
                        Not a word have I heard. When I scoot into the Centrelink (Social Security) office and ask what is going on - they just say it hasn’t been processed yet. 😡
                        I’m sure it will be approved. The office is closed until next week. Gee thanks. Still on the rock ‘n’ roll.
                        Aaarrrggghhh.

Comment

This is awesome!

Your life is going to get a lot easier now. You have been so strong to survive day by day since you stopped working. It sounds like the Australian system doesn’t pay you retroactively like they do in the US. Not fair. The administrative garbage takes so long.

Now they are stalling you more👊.it takes the world a few weeks to realize the holidays are over.

Comment

Originally posted by palmtree View Post
                            This is awesome!

Your life is going to get a lot easier now. You have been so strong to survive day by day since you stopped working. It sounds like the Australian system doesn’t pay you retroactively like they do in the US. Not fair. The administrative garbage takes so long.

Now they are stalling you more👊.it takes the world a few weeks to realize the holidays are over.
                            I think they’re supposed to back pay you from the day you applied. At this point, I don’t care.
                            They did a nice little trick over Christmas - you have to live on $550 for 18 days. Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas etc. Happy Holidays.
                            The cunning plan seems to be to starve out all the people who could get a job.
                            Anyhoo, hope you’re not too cold.

Comment

Finally! The DSP is mine + $9350 back “pay”. $985 a fortnight. If anyone had told me one day I be so happy to get a pension, at the ripe old age of 47, I’d have laughed. (Oh thank you MS!)
                              Anyway, this part of the nightmare is officially over.

Comment

Working...
                              X