I Pushed Myself Too Hard, Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Pushed Myself Too Hard, Now What?

I recently traveled from Italy to S. California to take care of some business. It was a long grueling trip and very stressful. While there, I got very little rest and to top it off, my son who was with me, went to the dermatologist and had a malignant melanoma. I am now back in Italy and I can't sleep, I am tired all the time and can hardly get out of the house.

I know I pushed myself too hard and had to endure stress that couldn't be avoided. Is there anything I can do now to help myself recuperate? I haven't been this tired ever. I was dx 5 years ago and though I have had my share of problems, this is new to me. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hi loopey,

You are more than likely dealing with Jet Lag.
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/con-20032662

Stress can make Jet Lag worse. Jet lag is temporary, just take it easy and allow your body time to re-adjust to your normal time zone and routine.

My Husband once traveled extensively on business and always had a hard time with Jet Lag. He would wake up in the middle of the night and initially not know where we was. He had awful fatigue and he doesn't have MS
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
      I am now back in Italy and I can't sleep, I am tired all the time and can hardly get out of the house.
      Hi loopey ~

Sorry that you are so fatigued. I know that is a miserable way to feel. When I have become so exhausted from stress and overdoing it, my only remedy was rest and time.

Sounds like you need to get back to regular sleep patterns. This info on getting restful sleep and various strategies, from the National MS Society, might help:

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Li...ehaviors/Sleep

After all that you have been through with traveling and stressful events, it might take a little while to get back to where you were. If you try the various strategies and see no improvements, don't hesitate to go to your doctor, who may help with temporary anxiety or sleep aids.

Good luck loopey, wishing you a return to restful nights, and relief from fatigue, soon.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Pushed myself

I identify with the word “ Loopey”. It is so hard to travel, and then when you get there have any energy to get things done. Getting home after a long trip you just can’t muster up any energy or motivational tactics that may work for you. REST your body is telling you that it NEEDS rest. When the rest of the world has the flu, they give in and rest. MSERS have a harder time doing this. Please give your body time to recover. Good luck and “let love and kindness guide your journey”.

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
          I recently traveled from Italy to S. California to take care of some business. It was a long grueling trip and very stressful. While there, I got very little rest and to top it off, my son who was with me, went to the dermatologist and had a malignant melanoma. I am now back in Italy and I can't sleep, I am tired all the time and can hardly get out of the house.

I know I pushed myself too hard and had to endure stress that couldn't be avoided. Is there anything I can do now to help myself recuperate? I haven't been this tired ever. I was dx 5 years ago and though I have had my share of problems, this is new to me. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Honey I live this way constantly. Except for the travelling part. I've reconciled myself to never seeing my sister again because I know I will not travel back to Ohio. Much less Italy, where my mother was born!

Sometimes just getting out of bed is "pushing too hard". I guess we just go on and do the best we can and suffer the consequences. I don't see any bright future for us. Maybe a fatigue med will come along soon. Best to you!
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
          X