Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is brain stem lesion worse/same than other area spine/rest of brain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is brain stem lesion worse/same than other area spine/rest of brain?

Sorry for all my posts I appreciate all your input.

I have 1 lesion on my brain stem only, is this common? Does anyone have experience with that??

this activity is 6 weeks in does it usually take longer?

thx

Hi. I don't have brain stem lesions, but spinal and brain.

Years ago, I had asked something similar. My neuro said brain stem and spine, it is all about the location and size. So it is probably a question for your neuro. He said the brain can be a little more forgiving due to the brain's ability to rewire itself and circumvent damage. But even with that, the higher the lesion load and longer term damage, then the brain can lose some of it's plasticity.

Unfortunately, there is no standard timeline for when a relapse ends or decreases in intensity. Some people have felt better immediately with steroids, other, no effect, but eventually able to recover, either fully or partially.

One of the hardest parts of MS is dealing with the unknown and all the what if scenarios. This is hard even when feeling pretty good. But in the midst of a relapse, incredibly difficult.

Hang in there.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      One of the hardest parts of MS is dealing with the unknown and all the what if scenarios. This is hard even when feeling pretty good. But in the midst of a relapse, incredibly difficult.
      True story.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X