Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venting about Biogen Financial Assistance

I wasn't sure where to post this.

First, I'm having to rely on Biogen's financial assistance for a month's supply while I'm trying to sort out my insurance while on unemployment/being underemployed. I technically have coverage, and it technically covers the prescription (Plegridy), but the representative of the State of Minnesota does not understand the concept of a specialty pharmacy. So I called Biogen on Tuesday to see if they could work with me so I don't have to stop taking their medication.

They did the paperwork and said yes, they'd send me a month's worth. They gave me the fax number for the neuro to send a special prescription for exactly one month's supply from them. After multiple calls with Biogen and their specialty pharmacy Acaria on several days, the people I spoke to this evening have told me that everyone I spoke to gave me misinformation, so I won't get my medication before leaving for a conference.

1) I was on the phone tonight for over an hour, even after I was told this afternoon exactly when to call for everything to work. This is in addition to the collected hour I've spent during the week.

2) I cannot hear one more "I'm sorry". If you're sorry, you should've done your job properly the first time. And badmouthing all employees who aren't you, is not a good look. It doesn't make me trust you.

3) For those of you who've had something similar happen: Being a week late with the dose is going to make me really sick. I will lose a whole day to flulike symptoms, even with analgesics.

So angry, and so very angry that the evening team members don't seem to be able to solve any problems. Nor could they transfer me to a supervisor, nor could they give me the name or number of a supervisor to contact on Monday.

I have used Biogen's products for 10 years, and the way I've been treated this week has made me seriously consider switching treatments, and seriously consider discouraging others from going on their medications.

Although this is frustrating I would imagine you are really irritated with your current insurance situation rather than the company that is willing to send you a month's worth of an expensive medication for free. I hope you get it asap and that your insurance will do its job.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X