Damn balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn balance

Been doing PT all week and was doing pretty good but my balance which was not bad seems to be acting up this afternoon. I can walk still pretty good but geez this balance is really sucking now. maybe it will settle down a little but I was doing so good and it's noticeably worse now.

does anyone have experience with this? Does this sx go away in time? If so how long does yours last for? Does gravol or anything help?

Thanks

-best to all

Update

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
    Been doing PT all week and was doing pretty good but my balance which was not bad seems to be acting up this afternoon. I can walk still pretty good but geez this balance is really sucking now. maybe it will settle down a little but I was doing so good and it's noticeably worse now.

does anyone have experience with this? Does this sx go away in time? If so how long does yours last for? Does gravol or anything help?

Thanks

-best to all
    well its settled down a little now this evening and back to not so bad the only thing I can think of is it came on adding or writing down receipt numbers for an hour sitting on my couch? Thought that be easy work. Wierd

Comment

Acupuncture

I heard that acupuncture might work for my constant dizziness and I was willing to try because it really helped me with pain after a surgery many years ago. My doctor does it, he even went to China to study, so I asked him about it and he thought he could help. I have had 6 sessions and to me, miraculously, I was able to walk without my cane after the first session. The dizziness didn't resolve but I am so happy to be cane free because my balance is better.

Comment

I used to have problems with this, and once in a while, will if tired now. But during/after relapses, would get me. I realized for me, it was the shifting eye movement, looking from paper to notepad to computer screen. It would trigger light dizziness. So when I would get up, balance was off.

Vestibular therapy helped me with this. They would do exercises that initially induced the feeling, but with time, helped build resistance. When I start to notice that I am having issues again, I dig out the exercise pictures and start them again.

When you see your neuro,ask if vestibular therapy may be of any benefit to you.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

comes and goes...

sometimes I'm preforming balancing acts while other times I can't walk a straight line and I haven't been able to link anything to the reason why.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Sounds like you had a recent MS flare. Perhaps the symptoms weren't cleared up yet. Chances are that, until the flare is all the way gone, the symptoms might not be either. But, might clear up after a bit.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
            X