Suggestion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion please

Hi, haven't been on this for a few months and now I need some suggestion please. I am 45 years old. My MS is CAN'T worse and i just want to cry all the time and scream all the time. Now I need suggestions. What should I do. I can't walk so I do nothing all day. I am very frustrated all the time and I l it is effecting my life. So I am looking for some suggestion as to what i should do.

So sorry for how this disease is affecting you. I am sure I am not the only one who has shared your emotions. I always said that I felt like a bump on a log. Literally just sitting there.

I keep a list of things that I accomplished by myself even if the only thing on the list was brushing my teeth. The list is short some days (getting dressed and brushing teeth) and quite long on other days to include riding on the NewStep for 20 minutes at the Y.

I also send my husband a nightly email to thank him for all of the things he helped me do (like driving me to the Y and getting me on the equipment. I have also taught myself how to knit so I can keep busy on days my legs don't work.

hope this helps

Comment

I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. Since you are near tears all the time, please make sure your doctor knows. If you are going through depression, it is hard to see anything clearly. If you are not being treated, you should consider it. If you are being treated, then you may need an adjustment to meds and/or therapy.

What were some of the things you liked to do before? Are you able to get around in your house in scooter or wheelchair? Likewise, can you get outside on your own?

I am ambulatory, so I know my situation is much different. I have days where I don't move as much due to fatigue or other symptoms. On these days, some activities I might do:
      Sit on porch and listen/watch nature, write in my journal , look for new quotes to add to a quote book I keep, color, do crossword puzzles or other puzzles, computer games, crafts, read.

I also keep a rainy day project list of things I need to do, such as: weed thru digital and paper pictures, clean out junk drawer, clean out paper and electronic files, cull thru old magazines and extract pages to keep for recipes, crafts, gift ideas, etc...

Not sure the kind of help you are looking for, but I hope I helped in some way.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I myself don't have MS (I have a different chronic disease), but I wonder if a service dog could help you out? I started a recent thread about them to try to get the word out to someone who may need a service dog. Service dogs give their handlers freedom and independence. Something that I realize is extremely valuable. Here are some examples of what a service dog could do - pull a manual wheelchair, pick up dropped items, help you with bank/store transactions, press elevator buttons/handicapped door buttons, help you dress and undress, bring you your medicine bottles, turn on/off the lights, open refrigerator doors, cupboards, etc. and get things out then shut it, open and shut doors, provide balance support, the list goes on. Not only that but they are constant companions who can provide comfort on your bad days, joy on your good days, and love every day. It's truly special to have a service dog, your best friend, by your side through life.

I am aware that it is very hard to find a good, legitimate group to get a service dog from. I puppy raise for Canine Support Teams, and they are a wonderful group. They are located in Southern California and their website is caninesupportteams.org The founder herself had polio as a child and is in a wheelchair. She is still very much involved with the group and is said to be the heart of it. If you think a service dog may help you, please check them out. If you go to their website, make sure to read the success stories - they are very uplifting! Service dogs are absolutely life changing.

I hope this helps! Hugs to you and I hope you feel at least somewhat better soon.

Comment

Working...
        X