MRI report ... CEREBELLAR vs. CEREBRAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI report ... CEREBELLAR vs. CEREBRAL

Everything I have "learned" online says that the Left Frontal Lobe is in the CEBRAL (Cerebrum) HEMISPHERE .... however, my MRI report shows my lesions including those in the Left Frontal Lobe under the heading of CEREBELLAR (Cerebellum) HEMISPHERE .... am I crazy or is this report wrong???
    MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Originally posted by Whimpurr View Post
    Everything I have "learned" online says that the Left Frontal Lobe is in the CEBRAL (Cerebrum) HEMISPHERE .... however, my MRI report shows my lesions including those in the Left Frontal Lobe under the heading of CEREBELLAR (Cerebellum) HEMISPHERE .... am I crazy or is this report wrong???
    MRI isn't ever (or at least almost never, ever wrong lol) the cerebellum is divided into two hemispheres and has 3 lobes if my anatomy serves me correctly.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Hi Whimpurr

If the lesions are in the Left Frontal Lobe, then as you stated, they would be in the Cerebrum and not the Cerebellum (which is located near the brainstem).

Cerebellar, as written on your report, could possibly be a very careless misspelling of Cerebral?

Or, are there also lesions in the Cerebellum too?

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
        MRI isn't ever (or at least almost never, ever wrong lol) the cerebellum is divided into two hemispheres and has 3 lobes if my anatomy serves me correctly.
        LOL, I wasn'''t saying my MS or lesions were wrong but the person writing the report listed my frontal lobe and other lesions under the Cerebeller Hemisphere which they are in the Cerebral Hemisphere
        MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hi Whimpurr

If the lesions are in the Left Frontal Lobe, then as you stated, they would be in the Cerebrum and not the Cerebellum (which is located near the brainstem).

Cerebellar, as written on your report, could possibly be a very careless misspelling of Cerebral?

Or, are there also lesions in the Cerebellum too?

Take Care
          YES ..... you are correct! Makes me question the knowledge of the "reader", lol but the lesion are there and have been for a very long time!
          MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

LOL, I wasn'''t saying my MS or lesions were wrong but the person writing the report listed my frontal lobe and other lesions under the Cerebeller Hemisphere which they are in the Cerebral Hemisphere
            Got and again it would be very unusual the MRI impression is flawed. Definitely possible but not likely. Talk to your Dr.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Makes me question the knowledge of the "reader"
              The "reader" is a physician so not infallible but probably fairly knowledgeable. Definitely let us know what your physician says because that is really who should be interpreting MRIs.

Dang where is JReagan when we need her?
              Anonymous

Comment

Many radiology reports are computer-transcribed from the radiologists spoken report and cannot be assumed to be 100% accurate.

I had a chest CT back in January and part of the written report made no sense at all. My onc called the radiologist, and it turned out that the software had totally "mis-heard" his speech...
                1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Working...
                X