MS and heart palpitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS and heart palpitations

Can someone please read the following page (it's short) and give me your educated thoughts on this subject. I've been battling this problem for a long time and never connected it to MS.

I'm wondering what kind of tests are needed to dx some of this. I'm figuring Stress Tests and Echo ultrasounds.

This goes along with my last post "I have a HUG post". Thanks

http://www.heart-palpitation.com/mul...pitations.html
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Meds??

Originally posted by marti View Post
    Can someone please read the following page (it's short) and give me your educated thoughts on this subject. I've been battling this problem for a long time and never connected it to MS.

I'm wondering what kind of tests are needed to dx some of this. I'm figuring Stress Tests and Echo ultrasounds.

This goes along with my last post "I have a HUG post". Thanks

http://www.heart-palpitation.com/mul...pitations.html
    I could not get to the article, but depending where a brain plaque is, I imagine you can never rule out MS completely, anyway. I was wondering about your medications. I was briefly on Nuvigel which is like time-released Provigel-I would be laying down at rest when all of a sudden the Nuvigel would make a drop off and I'd sit bolt-upright with heart palpitations.
    Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
      I could not get to the article, but depending where a brain plaque is, I imagine you can never rule out MS completely, anyway. I was wondering about your medications. I was briefly on Nuvigel which is like time-released Provigel-I would be laying down at rest when all of a sudden the Nuvigel would make a drop off and I'd sit bolt-upright with heart palpitations.

Sorry you couldn't get to the article. I went right to it from my link. I am not taking any weird meds that could cause this, unless Clonazepam or Synthroid or Zantac might be suspects. Thanks.
      Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

I don't have an educated answer but what led me here was a Google search, small back story:

I was just diagnosed with Ms a couple weeks agoe. My first er visit was back in March, i went in coz one morning i woke up with my whole left side had a numb sensation it was affecting my arm, leg, chest and neck. Scared and uninsured I just let them do a full work up coz I thought I had a stroke in my sleep, every thing checked out okay including my heart, except they saw a possible lesion and wanted me to follow up with a neuro doc.

I was feeling fine otherwise so I kept pushing the appointment until I could get insurance, I was still able to work. Then the big one happened....My first relapse, mind you I had little information on Ms.

On top of the sensory numbness that never fully went away, I lost use of my right arm, I was slurring my words, unable to speak normally and felt that a piece of me went "missing" so I had some problems with cognition and the fatigue was like something was sucking the life out of me...I felt it in my chest too and it made my breathing labored and I had to take alot of deep breaths to "feel" like I was getting a full breath.

So insured or not I made the appointment to see that Neuro. Ofc I had to suffer these symptoms being in limbo of of dx. So that gave me alot of anxiety on top of everything else. I would wake up in the middle of the night with heart palpitations and gasping for air it would happen on and off and was totally random so I was afraid to sleep, I slept for several hours at times.

Before I went to the neuro my hand and speech improved and so did the intensity of the breathing issue although I was still experiencing it in waves then. she diagnosed me with relapsing Ms when I told her what happened, and she said the breathing thing was not Ms that I needed to see an internal medicine doc or possibly a lung doc... she said the neck stiffness was not Ms either...disorientated and exhausted from the previous weeks I remained pretty passive...

Everything is improving day by day but I have some lingering issues like I feel an occasional flutter or pang in my chest and when I get fatigued it's not as intense but I feel the weakness in my chest area I'm not sure if it's palpitations or not so I'm bringing it up to a different dr..but I read your post the way you described your Ms hug and it resonated with Me on what i was going through with my breathing...

I'm 32 years old and had no prior medical issues before this Ms showed up at my door... but your post about your Ms hug gave me a little calm in the limbo and I thank you for that. It started the bunny trail for me find more information on these symptoms and I'm going to give this article to my neuro next time I visit her, I have a feeling our similar hugs are Ms related maybe a mixture of anxiety too?? It could just be another complex complication of Ms..if you got through this thanks peace.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Working...
        X