Wheelchair van roadside assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheelchair van roadside assistance

Has anyone used a wheelchair van roadside assistance company? I'm in a big power chair and ramp van. When we bought the van the salesman offered to sell us roadside assistance with a company that would tow the van and provide transportation for me in a para transit type vehicle. It was expensive, about $800 per year.

I didn't sign up for it but have been re-thinking my decision based on a couple of close calls lately. What would I do in the case of an accident or serious car trouble? We travel through rural areas where wheelchair taxi services probably don't exist.

I found a company called ADA Auto Club that claims to offer this service for $165 per year. It is also listed as ADA Nationwide Roadside Assistance.

Does anyone have any experience with this company or one like it?

I have a wheelchair van where I'm always the passenger - but not sure what would happen if broken down.
    I'm in a heavily populated area but this would still be an issue.

It'll be interesting to read any experiences shared.

Comment

Well I signed up with them today. They contract with various transportation services around the country. Average response time to provide wheelchair transportation is 90 minutes.

It may not be worth it but it makes me feel better. At least I'd have someone to talk to if it ever happened.

Comment

ok good to know - thanks for posting the info.

Comment

Working...
        X