Trouble Getting started in Morning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Getting started in Morning...

Hello all - first post, diagnosed with MS March 2016, 41 yr old male...

I have a very hard time waking up in the mornings and am foggy with extreme body fatigue. Does anyone experience the same and if so any tips to get going?

thank you.

- VB

Originally posted by Vincentbeverly View Post
    Hello all - first post, diagnosed with MS March 2016, 41 yr old male...

I have a very hard time waking up in the mornings and am foggy with extreme body fatigue. Does anyone experience the same and if so any tips to get going?

thank you.

- VB
    Hi Vincent and Welcome!

For me, something I learned along the way is that being warm when I wake up (from the bed covers, sun coming in my window, heat on too high, etc.) really affects how well I can function first thing in the morning.

I had never felt too warm, in fact I had always felt comfortable waking up. But I eventually realized that even when I'm comfortably warm, my nerve signal conduction will be slowed down. I have become very sensitive to increases in temperature, even a mere .5 degrees!

So, I'm at my best when just on the borderline of being a little chilly. (The effects of being too cold is another topic).

I turn the heat down in the winter, and make sure the air conditioning or fan is going in the warm weather. I can't pile on the covers like I used to.

Also, I do need coffee in the morning to help me get going!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Struggling with the same right now. Part of it is interrupted sleep, as my husband gets up early (3:45) for work, then the dog is up at 5am.

For me, I try to get a cool shower asap. It still leaves me exhausted, but helps clear the cobwebs. I then have breakfast and try to get protein in.

I used to walk in the am, even when exhausted. They say exercise is the best for the fatigue, but right now, just can't get going.

Do you take anything for sleep? If I do, it takes until early afternoon to shake it off. I avoid them for that reason.

Let us know if you find something that works.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Boy can I relate!

I have struggled with mornings since forever, so I do think our bodies may have a rhythm all of their own that is predetermined. If this is a symptom that is new to you, than it would be more concerning.

I have heard people who struggling with mornings compared to S.A.D. sufferers. Do you think it's possible that you may be experiencing depression?
        Tawanda

Comment

Working...
        X