Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I had an mri and they found this:a few foci of increased signal flair and t2-weighted images. foci of increased signal been associated migraine headaches, seizures and demyelinating process such as multiple sclerosis. largest focus is in the subcortical white matter of the left frontal lobe measuring 5 mm in size. does this mean i have MS? i went to a neurologist but he was no help. So im now seeing a different neurologist. Just had this question.
    thanks.

Hi Herdie11,

foci of increased signal been associated migraine headaches, seizures and demyelinating process such as multiple sclerosis
    does this mean i have MS?
    No, not necessarily. MRIs are not a diagnosis and many other things can cause lesions as listed in your report.

i went to a neurologist but he was no help. So im now seeing a different neurologist.
    What did the first Neurologist say? Did he do a Neurological exam and if so was it normal or abnormal?
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

As Snoopy said, there are other causes of lesions. Have you had bloodwork done as well? Usually, they also run bloodwork to rule out other causes.

When do you see new neuro? If you can, take someone else with you to write down what neuro says and be a separate set of ears. This always helps me when something really needs to be discussed.

Good luck.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X