Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L'Hermittes ?

Hi,
    Had LHermitte's for as long as i can remember. I didn't even know it was called that till i joined msw. Over the last few months it has stopped.
    I have had this weird sensation going on for so long that i kind of 'miss' it and it makes me wonder whats going on.

I had my neuro apt last week and his interest was tweeked too. He is sending me for a brain, thoracic and lumbar mri this time.

Had a large brainstem lesion many years ago- complete paralysis for a period

I have had an increase in other sensations and pain in varying parts of my back , arms and legs so that has been diverting my attention.

But it still seems strange that such a long term symptom/damage can just disappear.
    I'm Spms and haven't had a Remittance or an attach for years. Just slowly progressing.

So i was wondering if anyone else had experienced some ongoing symptom stopping like this?

Thanks in advance,
    Caroline.

Hi Caroline 1/2 your luck a symptom disappearing, I also have suffered with this symptom and never knew what it was, when I was younger I underwent all sorts of tests and procedures not knowing what it was, I worked in an underground coal mine and I put it down to banging my head too many times on the roof, even the doctors thought it was a pinched nerve in my neck, the Neurologist I was seeing at the time, before MS DX, thought it was mad cow disease, he did some tests including an MRI, and he said I had some lesions on my brain and spinal chord and every one with MS has these but some get these and don't have MS, years later after many episodes with MS I contacted him about my early results and he said I told you years ago you had MS (no he didn't ) back to the point Im glade you are getting rid of a symptom and hope it stays away for good Craig

Comment

Sorry Caroline, can't help. L'Hermites led to my diagnosis, and have had it with relapses, but always went away.

Hope your MRIs are uneventful!
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Ah ha! My neck doesn't do that anymore, either.
        I'd rather the lightning zap neck than the dead to the world feet.
        MS is ridiculous.

Comment

Hi CarolineIm glad to hear this symptom disappeared.There are some chemicals that can reduce the effects of nerve pain, so it would be interesting to know if you have started any new drugs/ medications.SSRIs and anti-convulsants are especially known to have this effect.
          Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
          So i was wondering if anyone else had experienced some ongoing symptom stopping like this?.

Comment

This is pure speculation, but do you think your nerves may have re-routed themselves around the problem?
            Tawanda

Comment

hi all thanks for the replies.
              Have been awol for a bit .
              so its nice to see some old names/friends answers.

This may have stopped - but it has been replaced by new interesting occurences.
              Caroline

Comment

Working...
              X